Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Neal Becker

Default qmake for cross compile

Anyone have an example of using qmake in .spec to allow
for x-compilation? I want an example that will work for
--target=i386 when used on a x86_64 host.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Rex Dieter

Neal Becker wrote:

> Anyone have an example of using qmake in .spec to allow
> for x-compilation? I want an example that will work for
> --target=i386 when used on a x86_64 host.

1. use mock, really.
2. Otherwise, it is theoretically possible, provided you use the "right"
qmake (the one provided by qt-devel.i386, not qt-devel.x86_64), and you
have all BR's satisfied with i386 versions (and none of those .i386 deps
have multilib and/or cross-compile issues).

Have I mentioned you should use mock?

-- Rex

Old 04-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Kevin Kofler

Rex Dieter <rdieter <at> math.unl.edu> writes:
> 2. Otherwise, it is theoretically possible, provided you use the "right"
> qmake (the one provided by qt-devel.i386, not qt-devel.x86_64),

export QMAKESPECS=linux-g++-32 might be enough.

Kevin Kofler

Old 04-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Kevin Kofler

Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler <at> chello.at> writes:
> export QMAKESPECS=linux-g++-32 might be enough.

Oops, that should have read:
export QMAKESPEC=linux-g++-32 might be enough.
(without the 'S').

Kevin Kofler

Old 04-14-2008, 05:40 AM
"Michel Salim"

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have an example of using qmake in .spec to allow
> for x-compilation? I want an example that will work for
> --target=i386 when used on a x86_64 host.

Provided you have qt-devel.i386 installed, 'setarch i386 rpmbuild -bb
foo.spec' should work (you might have to remove /etc/rpm/platform,
which is finally gone in F-9)

Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/