Old 04-13-2008, 08:55 AM
"subhodip biswas"

Default fedora acceptability

hi !
Is java2-jre acceptable within fedora packaging system (if included as
dependency ). or does it falls under restricted codecs?? .

--
Regards
Subhodip Biswas

GPG key : FAEA34AB
Server : pgp.mit.edu
http://subhodipbiswas.wordpress.com
http:/www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SubhodipBiswas

Old 04-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Lubomir Kundrak

On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 14:25 +0530, subhodip biswas wrote:
> hi !
> Is java2-jre acceptable within fedora packaging system (if included as
> dependency ). or does it falls under restricted codecs?? .

We already include free JREs. Look at java-1.5.0-gcj, java-1.7.0-icedtea
and java-1.6.0-packages. Sun JRE is not acceptable, as it's not free
software.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Matej Cepl

On 2008-04-13, 09:24 GMT, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
>> Is java2-jre acceptable within fedora packaging system (if
>> included as dependency ). or does it falls under restricted
>> codecs?? .
>
> We already include free JREs. Look at java-1.5.0-gcj, java-1.7.0-icedtea
> and java-1.6.0-packages. Sun JRE is not acceptable, as it's not free
> software.

Just to emphasize what might be not-read in Lubomir's message --
not only Sun JRE is not acceptable, it is also useless --
java-1.6.0* IS Sun Java.

Matěj