Old 04-12-2008, 02:07 AM
"Deji Akingunola"

Default Help with a code snippet that fails in mock buildroots

Hi all,

Can someone please explain (and possibly provide a solution) to me why
the code below is failing in mock buildroot. It is run to check if the
'shm_open' function works when configuring latest mpich2 package, and
its result is used to create a definition that's used later when
compiling the package. The code runs fine (and the package builds fine
too) on my rawhide system.
Thanks.

Deji

PS: A koji scratch build that failed can be found at

#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/mman.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main(int argc, char ** argv)
{
int fd;

fd = shm_open("/mpich2conf", O_RDWR | O_CREAT, 0666);
if (fd == -1)
{
if (errno == ENOSYS)
{
return 1;
}
}
else
{
shm_unlink("/mpich2conf");
close(fd);
}
return 0;
}
<<

Old 04-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Lennart Poettering

On Fri, 11.04.08 22:07, Deji Akingunola (dakingun@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone please explain (and possibly provide a solution) to me why
> the code below is failing in mock buildroot. It is run to check if the
> 'shm_open' function works when configuring latest mpich2 package, and
> its result is used to create a definition that's used later when
> compiling the package. The code runs fine (and the package builds fine
> too) on my rawhide system.
> Thanks.

Is /dev/shm/ available in the chroot env? shm_open() is basically the
same as open(), however, it prepends /dev/shm to the file name. If
that dir is not writable (should be mounted as tmpfs) shm_open() fails,

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering Red Hat, Inc.
lennart [at] poettering [dot] net ICQ# 11060553

Old 04-12-2008, 02:28 AM
"Deji Akingunola"

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Lennart Poettering
<mzerqung@0pointer.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 11.04.08 22:07, Deji Akingunola (dakingun@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can someone please explain (and possibly provide a solution) to me why
> > the code below is failing in mock buildroot. It is run to check if the
> > 'shm_open' function works when configuring latest mpich2 package, and
> > its result is used to create a definition that's used later when
> > compiling the package. The code runs fine (and the package builds fine
> > too) on my rawhide system.
> > Thanks.
>
> Is /dev/shm/ available in the chroot env?
I have no idea; I ran 'rpm -q --whatprovides /dev/shm' on my system
and it returned 'file /dev/shm is not owned by any package', I wonder
how it get created. Thanks for your response.

Deji