Old 04-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Stephen Warren

Default bodhi/admin.fedoraproject.org usage question

About a week 1/2 ago, I built a package using Koji, and used Bodhi to
request a push to testing. It's there now.

Now, I want to push the package to stable. I went back to my original
update, and clicked the button/graphic to "push to stable". The individual
update now shows "Requested: stable" as I expect:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-2853

However, the list of pending updates for F8 doesn't include this update,
even if I page through everything, or view all:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending

Is this a bug in the pending view, or should I create a new update request
to push the RPM to stable?

Another question: This is a new package. When does bugzilla grow a new
component for it; only when the package is stable? It's been in devel for
a while now, and F7/F8 testing for a little over a week, but people still
can't file bugs against unison213 or unison227, just the old package which
was unison.

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Luke Macken

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 03:57:14PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
> About a week 1/2 ago, I built a package using Koji, and used Bodhi to
> request a push to testing. It's there now.
>
> Now, I want to push the package to stable. I went back to my original
> update, and clicked the button/graphic to "push to stable". The individual
> update now shows "Requested: stable" as I expect:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/FEDORA-2008-2853
>
> However, the list of pending updates for F8 doesn't include this update,
> even if I page through everything, or view all:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F8/pending
>
> Is this a bug in the pending view, or should I create a new update request
> to push the RPM to stable?

If your update has a 'request' set, then you're good to go. The 'pending
updates' list only shows updates that are not testing or stable.
I can see how it would be useful to see testing updates that are queued
to hit stable in the pending list as well (releng can see this in a
different 'request queue'. Feel free to open a ticket
(http://fedorahosted.org/bodhi) if you think the behavior should change,
and I'll see what I can do.

> Another question: This is a new package. When does bugzilla grow a new
> component for it; only when the package is stable? It's been in devel for
> a while now, and F7/F8 testing for a little over a week, but people still
> can't file bugs against unison213 or unison227, just the old package which
> was unison.

I'm told that bugzilla component creation is currently broken. This is
normally done by a script run on a machine in Jeremy's cube, but it
needs to be moved off and fixed.

luke

Old 04-12-2008, 03:29 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Luke Macken wrote:

Another question: This is a new package. When does bugzilla grow a new
component for it; only when the package is stable? It's been in devel for
a while now, and F7/F8 testing for a little over a week, but people still
can't file bugs against unison213 or unison227, just the old package which
was unison.

I'm told that bugzilla component creation is currently broken. This is
normally done by a script run on a machine in Jeremy's cube, but it
needs to be moved off and fixed.

Yep. Now that the new version of the packagedb has been deployed,
fixing this sequence of bugs is my number one priority.

-Toshio