FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Neal Becker
 
Default Howto mod 1 of sources

Mary Ellen Foster wrote:

> On 10/04/2008, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a package that has:
>> 1 tarball
>> 1 small added file
>>
>> What is the procedure to update that 1 small added file?
>>
>> Previously, 'sources' listed only the tarball, and cvs only seems to
>> know about it.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo
>

I did read that page, bug didn't see this issue addressed.

What I tried is:


make new-sources FILES="~/RPM/SOURCES/mercurial-1.0.tar.gz ~/RPM/SOURCES/mercurial-site-start.el"

Just to be clear:
both of these files were already present. I made a minor change to the 2nd.

I have the feeling that this was not the correct thing to do.
Previously, sources only listed the tar.

If I move to F-8, and do cvs-update, I don't see the change to sources, which leads me
to suspect I did the wrong thing.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Patrice Dumas
 
Default Howto mod 1 of sources

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 07:25:23AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> I have a package that has:
> 1 tarball
> 1 small added file
>
> What is the procedure to update that 1 small added file?

If it is a text file, you can directly add it in cvs, with

cvs add small-text-file

--
Pat

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Jarod Wilson
 
Default Howto mod 1 of sources

On Thursday 10 April 2008 07:38:04 am Neal Becker wrote:
> Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> > On 10/04/2008, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have a package that has:
> >> 1 tarball
> >> 1 small added file
> >>
> >> What is the procedure to update that 1 small added file?
> >>
> >> Previously, 'sources' listed only the tarball, and cvs only seems to
> >> know about it.
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UpdatingPackageHowTo
>
> I did read that page, bug didn't see this issue addressed.
>
> What I tried is:
>
>
> make new-sources FILES="~/RPM/SOURCES/mercurial-1.0.tar.gz
> ~/RPM/SOURCES/mercurial-site-start.el"
>
> Just to be clear:
> both of these files were already present. I made a minor change to the
> 2nd.

make upload FILES="new_version_of_file"

It'll supplant the old one and update sources accordingly with the new
checksum.

> I have the feeling that this was not the correct thing to do.
> Previously, sources only listed the tar.

Never have used 'new-sources' myself, I've always just used 'upload'. Wouldn't
be surprised if they were just aliases for one another though... Ah, no,
they're a bit different. 'new-sources' blows away your existing sources file
and only puts the new files in it. 'upload' adds the new file to your
existing sources.

> If I move to F-8, and do cvs-update, I don't see the change to sources,
> which leads me to suspect I did the wrong thing.

If you changed sources in devel, then moved back to F-8, no, you wouldn't see
the change there. You have to make the change on all branches you want it to
show up on (sorta the point of branches... . Or am I misunderstanding you?

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 04-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Todd Zullinger
 
Default Howto mod 1 of sources

Neal Becker wrote:
> I have a package that has:
> 1 tarball
> 1 small added file
>
> What is the procedure to update that 1 small added file?

As Patrice said, if it's text, add it to cvs directly (which it
appears was already done a few weeks ago).

> Previously, 'sources' listed only the tarball, and cvs only seems to
> know about it.

You're talking about mercurial-site-start.el, right? It's already
checked directly into CVS, as it should be. It's a text file and
doesn't have any reason to be added to sources. The sources file is
for files that aren't suitable to check into cvs directly.

When you update that file and commit the changes to CVS on one branch,
you can simply copy the file to another branch and use cvs to commit
it there as well.

--
Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a
coffin.
-- H. L. Mencken

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org