Old 04-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Brian Pepple

Default Plan for tomorrows (20080410) FESCO meeting

Please find below the list of topics that are likely to come up in the
next FESCo meeting that is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday at 17:00 UTC
in #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org:

/topic FESCo meeting -- Any objection to this week's report from FPC at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-April/msg00802.html

/topic FESCo-Meeting -- libflashsupport & nspluginwrapper on x86_64 -
warren

/topic FESCo-Meeting -- Final Release Schedule (Slip in conjunction w/
latest beta slip?) - all

/topic FESCo-Meeting -- Features Completion -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList - poelcat

/topic FESCo meeting -- Free discussion around Fedora

You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
this mail and I'll add it to the schedule. You can also propose topics
in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.

If your name/nick is on above list please update the status on the
Extras schedule pages in the wiki ahead of the meeting. That way all the
other FESCo members and interested contributors know what up ahead of
the meeting. And we will avoid long delays in the meeting -- those often
arise if someone describes the recent happenings on a topic directly in
the meeting while all the others have to wait for his slow typing...

Later,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Bill Nottingham

Brian Pepple (bpepple@fedoraproject.org) said:
> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> this mail and I'll add it to the schedule. You can also propose topics
> in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.

I suppose we should discuss the status of the various 'enable by default
in beta and check for feedback' features, such as swfdec and PackageKit.

Bill

Old 04-09-2008, 08:07 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Brian Pepple (bpepple@fedoraproject.org) said:

You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
this mail and I'll add it to the schedule. You can also propose topics
in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.

I suppose we should discuss the status of the various 'enable by default
in beta and check for feedback' features, such as swfdec and PackageKit.

Bill

I propose #437828 will be considered as a permanent solution to the
services "enabled by default"

debate and implemented in F10.

As I see it there are only 2 options for F9.
Keeping the current service schema as is or enabled only
system and network services necessary for functional system and network
operation.

Best regards.
Johann B.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 AM
Josh Boyer

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 20:07 +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > Brian Pepple (bpepple@fedoraproject.org) said:
> >
> >> You want something to be discussed? Send a note to the list in reply to
> >> this mail and I'll add it to the schedule. You can also propose topics
> >> in the meeting while it is in the "Free discussion around Fedora" phase.
> >>

> > I suppose we should discuss the status of the various 'enable by default
> > in beta and check for feedback' features, such as swfdec and PackageKit.
> >
> > Bill
> >

> I propose #437828 will be considered as a permanent solution to the
> services "enabled by default"
> debate and implemented in F10.

Propose it as a solution how? I see several different opinions in that
bug, and no general consensus among it's commentors.

If you would like to actually draft a proposal and submit it to FESCo
via the normal process, we will gladly hear it and discuss it. I
suggest you continue working your bug a bit longer before doing that
though.

> As I see it there are only 2 options for F9.
> Keeping the current service schema as is or enabled only
> system and network services necessary for functional system and network
> operation.

There is no option for F9. It's in Final Freeze, so whatever exists
today is what's going to ship.

josh

Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

[...]