Old 04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Theodore Papadopoulo

Default python packaging

Hi,

for internal reasons, I'm trying to package sympy (a python symbolic
algebra library) with rpm.
I find a small ambiguity between the packaging guidelines and the rpm
tools (nothing blocking).

Since the library does not contain C source code, I followed the noarch
packaging guidelines,
but rpmbuild insists on creating an x86-64 rpm. After verifying, I find
that this is very common
practise and that many packages that are installed in /usr/lib/python-*/
are x86-64 packages

even though they do not contain arch specific files.

Is there something I did not understood.

This is under FC7 x86-64.

Thank you,

Theo.

PS: If there is interest, I certainly can submit this rpm (and some
others) to fedora.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 14:11 +0200, Theodore Papadopoulo wrote:
> Since the library does not contain C source code, I followed the noarch
> packaging guidelines,
> but rpmbuild insists on creating an x86-64 rpm.

Do you have: BuildArch: noarch

in your spec?

--
Jesse Keating