Old 04-09-2008, 04:51 AM
Andrew Farris

Default UTC timezone

Louis E Garcia II wrote:

My HP laptop stores time using UTC. I just found this out because XP and
fedora displayed different times. How do I change fedora to read the
clock using UTC system wide? I found gnome-panel clock has the option
for UTC but does not help at a plain console.

You set the checkbox 'System clock uses UTC' in system-config-date on the Time
Zone tab.

Windows does not use UTC for hardware clock unless you ask it to, see:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2008-April/msg00557.html

fyi: Not really a question suited to the devel-list, even if you're talking
about f9 (test-list or fedora-list would have been better).

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB 5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29