- Last preparations for final development freeze
- kdepim requires kdebase3?
- state of konq-plugins (#438126)
- Administrator mode in systemsettings (again)
- Missing default face icon (#441154)
- BootManager=None in in /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc (#441313)
- Switch to Waves Artwork (KDM, Background, ColorScheme; what's still
- Release notes (re-check: is anything missing?)
= Summary =
o Last preparations for final development freeze:
- Final development freeze was before the meeting.
- Documentation in kde-l10n is still broken and excluded from the build.
- This was not considered as a blocker for Fedora 9 and would be released as
an update if/when it is fixed.
o kdepim requires kdebase3? (#441541):
- The "First Start Wizard" was reported to not work properly without kdebase3
- POP3 and STMP operations are also not working without some related kio
slaves from kdebase3.
- kdepim fully requiring kdebase3(-libs) would blow-up the live images.
- A solution for this may be to identify the needed parts in kdebase3 and
split them out in a kdebase3-mail-ioslaves sub package.
o state of konq-plugins (#438126):
- Review hasn't started yet, although there seems to be no show-stoppers found
in a short test.
- The "Obsoletes: kdeaddons" should maybe be moved from extragear-plasma to
- But for this the package has to be in GA at release time.
- It could also be released only as an update after GA without the Obsoletes.
o Administrator mode in systemsettings (again) :
- In System Settings the sections "Login Manager" and "Samba" require root
- This isn't implemented upstream yet and proper upstream support for this
issues will likely be included in KDE 4.1.
- LukasTinkl was working on a workaround to fix this which isn't included yet.
- Until this is addressed by upstream the patch will be included (with tag
requesting to rel-eng)
o Missing default face icon (#441154) :
- KDM with a user list theme didn't displayed a default face icon.
- This is already fixed in kdebase-workspace-4.0.3-7.fc9.
o BootManager=None in in /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc (#441313) :
- SebastianVahl reported an issue that he has to pick one kernel of a list of
kernels when trying to reboot from KDM to actually reboot.
- BootManager=None would only workaround this issue.
- This is a bug which should be fixed instead.
- #374011 is related to the configuration entry.
o Switch to Waves Artwork (KDM, Background, ColorScheme; what's still
missing?) (#441167) :
- KSplash was switched to a matching waves artwork some time ago.
- KDM was recently switched to non-themed greeter with the current waves
wallpaper as an initial implementation.
- Unfortunately the work on the wallpapers is still on-going.
- Also a matching ColorScheme isn't existing at the moment.
o Release notes (re-check: is anything missing?):
- The release notes should be fine.
- Final freeze for zero-day release notes is 18 April.