Old 04-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Martin Marques

Default Problems with F9-beta

I tried installing beta of F9 after having trouble with F8 and F8 from FU.

F9 would block at "transferring image to disk", just like F8 did. This
was fixed when I boot with libata.dma=0 (don't know what it does but
made the installation finish).

The thing now is that it looks like I'm having problems with my video (a
VIA Savage) which is working great on F7 but on F9-beta around the
cursor appears a square, and as I move the mouse the square goes
re-drawing the screen with the Fedora background. This even happens
during graphical boot (rhgb).

I was going to put a bug report but I stumbbled with two problems:

- I'm not sure how to explain my problem (I want to add an
understandable bug report).

- There is no F9-beta entering in bugzilla.redhat.com.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Martin Marques wrote:

I tried installing beta of F9 after having trouble with F8 and F8 from FU.

F9 would block at "transferring image to disk", just like F8 did. This
was fixed when I boot with libata.dma=0 (don't know what it does but
made the installation finish).

The thing now is that it looks like I'm having problems with my video (a
VIA Savage) which is working great on F7 but on F9-beta around the
cursor appears a square, and as I move the mouse the square goes
re-drawing the screen with the Fedora background. This even happens
during graphical boot (rhgb).

I was going to put a bug report but I stumbbled with two problems:

- I'm not sure how to explain my problem (I want to add an
understandable bug report).

- There is no F9-beta entering in bugzilla.redhat.com.

If you want to do a screen capture, refer
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting and you can file bugs in the
beta against the software component. Make sure you run yum update first
and mention the version number in the bug report for the all the
relevant components.

Rahul