Old 04-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Rawhide 20080404 Snapshot Released

As part of our development schedule, we are releasing a snapshot of
Rawhide in Live form. We are releasing these via bittorrent
only as it is a much lighter weight method to get bits out the door than
to go through our mirroring system. If you cannot use bittorrent we
apologize for the inconvenience.

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ has a section marked
Rawhide-20080404-Snapshot with Live torrents. Due to ongoing issues
with X in anaconda we do not have CDs/DVDs of rawhide at this time. We
may add them if an X fix happens.

Please us bugzilla to report any problems you find (after making sure
that somebody else hasn't already reported the issues). The Beta
release notes ( http://fedoraproject.org/en/f9-beta-relnotes ) still
mostly apply.

Thanks for all the testing!
--
Jesse Keating

Old 04-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Mike Chambers

> As part of our development schedule, we are releasing a snapshot of
> Rawhide in Live form. We are releasing these via bittorrent
> only as it is a much lighter weight method to get bits out the door than
> to go through our mirroring system. If you cannot use bittorrent we
> apologize for the inconvenience.
>
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ has a section marked
> Rawhide-20080404-Snapshot with Live torrents. Due to ongoing issues
> with X in anaconda we do not have CDs/DVDs of rawhide at this time. We
> may add them if an X fix happens.

I saw a post or today bout x64 not installing or copying image or
something during a test install. Do we know for sure if an x64 system
will install or not, specially via nfs install with boot.iso?

Might do/try one (I rsync rawhide multi times a day) tonight if I knew
there weren't problems already aware of.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302@fedoraproject.org

Old 04-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Jesse Keating

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 17:39 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Do we know for sure if an x64 system
> will install or not, specially via nfs install with boot.iso?

I tested such install method of rawhide on Friday, which was when the
live snapshot images were taken. It worked. I cannot say anything
about today's rawhide though as I have not tested it.

--
Jesse Keating