Old 04-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Max Spevack

Default FUDCon Boston Artwork

Hi fedora-art-list:

A couple of loose ends regarding artwork for FUDCon Boston (along side
the Red Hat Summit) that I wanted to try to get some closure on.

Cc: Kristin Nordstrom and Mary Bitter, who are helping with FUDCon from
the RH internal side.

(1) Overall FUDCon Boston 2008 logo.

There were some generic FUDCon logo designs in the tshirt design
process, which I thought looked great. We're going to probably want to
make some large posters (flip-chart sized, though I don't have the exact
dimensions yet) with that logo on it, so if we could get a finalized
logo for FUDCon Boston 2008, that would be great.

(2) Tshirt art.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/T-Shirt

There were two nice t-shirt designs on this page for FUDCon shirts.
Does the art team favor one over the other, or consider one of those
designs "final"? We'd like to begin the t-shirt pricing process.

Thanks!

--Max

Old 04-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Máirín Duffy

Cc: Kristin Nordstrom and Mary Bitter, who are helping with FUDCon from
the RH internal side.

(1) Overall FUDCon Boston 2008 logo.

There were some generic FUDCon logo designs in the tshirt design
process, which I thought looked great. We're going to probably want to
make some large posters (flip-chart sized, though I don't have the exact
dimensions yet) with that logo on it, so if we could get a finalized
logo for FUDCon Boston 2008, that would be great.

Sure, attached.

(2) Tshirt art.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/T-Shirt

There were two nice t-shirt designs on this page for FUDCon shirts. Does
the art team favor one over the other, or consider one of those designs
"final"? We'd like to begin the t-shirt pricing process.

I think the one with the pru in it (design #1) is better. You could
consider it final I think. The only concern is that it's derived from a
Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic photo. Is that okay? If not I can
probably go out and shoot some photos of the skyline and redo this weekend.

~m

Old 04-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Max Spevack

I think the one with the pru in it (design #1) is better. You could
consider it final I think. The only concern is that it's derived from
a Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic photo. Is that okay? If not I
can probably go out and shoot some photos of the skyline and redo this
weekend.

So we're not going to sell the shirts and admission to FUDCon is free,
which means that it's not "commercial".

As for the "attribution" clause, I suppose we could include a link to
the original on the bottom of the tshirt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/b-tal/193801686/

Thoughts?

--Max_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com

Old 04-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Max Spevack wrote:

I think the one with the pru in it (design #1) is better. You could
consider it final I think. The only concern is that it's derived from
a Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic photo. Is that okay? If not I
can probably go out and shoot some photos of the skyline and redo this
weekend.

So we're not going to sell the shirts and admission to FUDCon is free,
which means that it's not "commercial".

Well the "non-commercial" clause in the CC licenses are problematic for
various reasons including the issue of defining what exactly is
considered commercial activity. I think using a different picture that
allows commercial activity is better.

Rahul

Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Máirín Duffy

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Max Spevack wrote:

I think the one with the pru in it (design #1) is better. You could
consider it final I think. The only concern is that it's derived from
a Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic photo. Is that okay? If not I
can probably go out and shoot some photos of the skyline and redo
this weekend.

So we're not going to sell the shirts and admission to FUDCon is free,
which means that it's not "commercial".

Well the "non-commercial" clause in the CC licenses are problematic for
various reasons including the issue of defining what exactly is
considered commercial activity. I think using a different picture that
allows commercial activity is better.

but it is just a tshirt right? and they're not going to be sold...

I can ask the photographer?

~m

Old 04-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Máirín Duffy wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Max Spevack wrote:

I think the one with the pru in it (design #1) is better. You could
consider it final I think. The only concern is that it's derived
from a Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic photo. Is that okay? If
not I can probably go out and shoot some photos of the skyline and
redo this weekend.

So we're not going to sell the shirts and admission to FUDCon is
free, which means that it's not "commercial".

Well the "non-commercial" clause in the CC licenses are problematic
for various reasons including the issue of defining what exactly is
considered commercial activity. I think using a different picture that
allows commercial activity is better.

but it is just a tshirt right? and they're not going to be sold...

I understand that but the license clauses might not and when there is
ambiguity, licensee intend matters a lot which we do not know about.

I can ask the photographer?

Ironically that was one of those CC licenses was meant to avoid but go
ahead. If we get a explicit permission, that is always safer. Thanks.

Rahul