Old 04-04-2008, 01:46 AM
"Andy Fitzsimon"

Default 9 swirls - another fedora 9 concept

okay so I love the idea of growing flying high.. BUUUT

What about our distro remixing culture?

Simple: I was thinking I could draw on a torrent of waves

Rationale:

Fedora 9 is going to be doing a lot of things, for alot of different
people, all at once.

This potential should occupy the minds of our users. How do we involve
it in our artwork?

For us graphics geeks, fedora is a production studio .. for others,
its a server, a workstation, a command centre, a directory server and
a portal to the web !
Fedora 9 is what you make of it and we're still all working together,
flooding in one direction.

lets illustrate this unified effort through a wave.. a fierce body of
water moving with such potential and momentum that it curls up in upon
itself.. forming a 9 shape

The metaphors for infinity and freedom still exist with large volumes
of water... think the ocean

lets play.
ive attached a svg!

Old 04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
"Andy Fitzsimon"

hrm... 10 wouldnt work as well for this same idea .. :P

Old 04-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Andy Fitzsimon wrote:

[...]

This is cool. I like it a lot.

Rahul

Old 04-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 AM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

Very nice, A+++

http://scwlab.com

Old 04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Andy,

Andy Fitzsimon wrote:

[...]

this is really awesome looking! However I think it's a bit late We
already have most of the artwork for F9 done and checked in, no small
feat.

~m