Old 04-03-2008, 10:30 PM
"Alan"

Default Question on specific package rejections

In the list of "Forbidden Items" for Fedora packages, it lists
cryptographic packages that cannot be shipped due to export concerns and
other issues.

Is there a list of packages that have already been rejected? I have a
couple of packages I am considering building for submittal, but I want to
know if I am wasting my time.

Thanks!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Andrew Farris

Alan wrote:

In the list of "Forbidden Items" for Fedora packages, it lists
cryptographic packages that cannot be shipped due to export concerns and
other issues.

Is there a list of packages that have already been rejected? I have a
couple of packages I am considering building for submittal, but I want to
know if I am wasting my time.

Why don't you list those you're considering here and if anyone has specific
insight on it they'll be able to let you know.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB 5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29

Old 04-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Lubomir Kundrak

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 15:30 -0700, Alan wrote:
> In the list of "Forbidden Items" for Fedora packages, it lists
> cryptographic packages that cannot be shipped due to export concerns and
> other issues.
>
> Is there a list of packages that have already been rejected? I have a
> couple of packages I am considering building for submittal, but I want to
> know if I am wasting my time.

By searching Bugzilla's "Package Review" products for CLOSED review bugs
for packages you are about to package and also posting the list to this
list you can minimize the chance of wasting time packaging forbidden
packages.