Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default Orphaning bchunk package

I've orphaned "bchunk", which is a tiny (11K C source) .bin/.cue converter
with a very small target group, IMO, nowadays.
http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/bchunk

There is one ticket, opened a few days ago, for a bug that was found and
reported at Debian in 2004. Still, in almost four years, the patch (or an
alternative fix) has not found its way into any new upstream release.
Same applies to other issues tracked at Debian.
http://bugs.debian.org/bchunk

Old 04-03-2008, 08:27 PM
"Alan"

> I've orphaned "bchunk", which is a tiny (11K C source) .bin/.cue converter
> with a very small target group, IMO, nowadays.
> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/bchunk
>
> There is one ticket, opened a few days ago, for a bug that was found and
> reported at Debian in 2004. Still, in almost four years, the patch (or an
> alternative fix) has not found its way into any new upstream release.
> Same applies to other issues tracked at Debian.
> http://bugs.debian.org/bchunk

I actually use this once in a while.

What does it take to adopt it?

Old 04-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:27:37 -0700 (PDT), Alan wrote:

> > I've orphaned "bchunk", which is a tiny (11K C source) .bin/.cue converter
> > with a very small target group, IMO, nowadays.
> > http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/bchunk
> >
> > There is one ticket, opened a few days ago, for a bug that was found and
> > reported at Debian in 2004. Still, in almost four years, the patch (or an
> > alternative fix) has not found its way into any new upstream release.
> > Same applies to other issues tracked at Debian.
> > http://bugs.debian.org/bchunk
>
> I actually use this once in a while.
>
> What does it take to adopt it?

A Fedora Account for the package CVS. If you have one already, you can
simply take over the package in the Fedora PackageDB. If you don't have
one, sign up [1] [2] and I sponsor you.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join