Old 04-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Jason L Tibbitts III

Default Summary of the 2008-04-01 Packaging Committee meeting

Meeting minutes and full logs of the packaging committee meeting which
occurred on 2008-04-01 are online:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Minutes20080401

Executive summary:

The following drafts are now official guidelines, having been accepted
by FESCO last week:

* ASCII Naming Guidelines:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ASCIINaming
* New Perl Guidelines:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Perl
* OpenOffice.org extensions guidelines:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OpenOffice.orgExtensions

These should be written into the guidelines soon if this hasn't
already been done by the time you read this.

Issues pending FESCO ratification:

Java guidelines
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Java
* This is the first vote for this draft, but it's the culmination of
significant work and discussion
* Accepted (5 - 1)

* SysV-style initscript guidelines
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SysVInitScript
* This is a new draft this week
* Accepted (6 - 0)

* Eclipse plugin guidelines
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EclipsePlugins
* This was previously discussed and withdrawn at a previous meeting
and is back up for a vote.
* Accepted (6 - 0)

* Guidelines for the use of GCJ in Java packages
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/GCJGuidelines
* A new submission this week; the Java guidelines refer to it.
* Accepted (5 - 0)

Misc business:

* FPC will meet again April 8, and will then hopefully return to
meeting every other week.

- J<

Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 PM
"Jerry James"