Old 04-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Matej Cepl

Default Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

On 2008-04-01, 00:24 GMT, Mark wrote:
> Well i'm not saying that Fedora beta has selinux bugs. just
> that till now my experience with selinux has been bad and
> i have to turn it off to have a normally functional desktop.
> And i've seen selinux for at least a few years now in distributions
> and there is always something wrong (perhaps not a bug but it annoys
> the user) so i doubt that it will ever get "normal" (at a point where
> i can just use the desktop without selinux asking my attention).

I have been running (if possible) SELinux in the enforcing mode
for couple of months with Rawhide (and F8 where I had almost no
problems) and although I had to learn how to use audit2allow, and
it could add spiceness to your life ;-) -- I was able to use my
computers pretty well.

Just to note, you don't have to ever switch SELinux completely
off, setting it to the Permissive mode is still much more
valuable (because you may be able to file bugs when necessary)
and should as painless as running with selinux=0.

Matej