Old 04-02-2008, 02:02 PM
nikhil bharadwaj

Default fWindows Data Migration Tool

2008/4/2 nikhil bharadwaj :
have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into the
> Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync of all
> the files in both the OS's.
>
> A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:
>
> http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

It sounds cool. You would definitely want to filter what is going to
be synced though. Because of using things like VMware on Windows puts
all your VMs in My DocumentsMy Virtual Machines a user could use up
a ton of disk space replicating it.

One of the
"Other" things to sync though would be Bookmarks and other
configuration items. Essentially making the Fedora an upgrade to any
Windows
installation.

--Joe

Certainly, the idea to sync the Bookmarks would be great!
But I would like to know what the "Other Configuration Items" would be..??

--Nikhil Bharadwaj

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM
"Ahmed Kamal"

Microsoft's File and Settings transfer tool migrates:

Internet Explorer settings

Outlook Express settings and store

Outlook settings and store

Dial-Up connections

Phone and modem options

Accessibility

Screen saver selection

Fonts

Folder options

Taskbar settings

Mouse and keyboard settings

Sounds settings

Regional options

Office settings

Network drives and printers

Desktop folder

My Documents folder

My Pictures folder

Favorites folder

Cookies folder

Common Office file types
Perhaps some of those could be an inspiration