Old 04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
"Mark Bidewell"

Default Source RPMS

I apologize if this is the wrong list for this.*

I am looking into using Koji/Mock for some projects.* These tools take source rpms.* I am familiar with building binary rpms ( I normally compile the software install it in a chroot and build the RPM from that), but I am a little unclear as to how to produce a source rpm and my google searches have been a little unhelpful.* Are there any good resources on creating source rpms?

Thanks.

Mark Bidewell

Old 04-02-2008, 02:29 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

2008/4/2, Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell@alumni.clemson.edu>:
> I apologize if this is the wrong list for this.
>
> I am looking into using Koji/Mock for some projects. These tools take
> source rpms. I am familiar with building binary rpms ( I normally compile
> the software install it in a chroot and build the RPM from that), but I am a
> little unclear as to how to produce a source rpm and my google searches have
> been a little unhelpful. Are there any good resources on creating source
> rpms?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark Bidewell

rpmbuild --help

and you get some info.

the most useful:

rpmbuild -bs file.spec
and rpmbuild -bs --nodeps file.spec

That's all 'bout spec. You may also want to use spectool to
automagically download sourcer and put where they should exist.

yum install rpmdevtools
ie. spectool -g -R -S file.spec

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek