Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Martin Sourada

Default F10 Artwork and Release Name

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 10:40 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> >
> > Great. It's good to start this early with the theming, thus we'll have
> > less problems in the future with time schedule
>
> I don't know... if we get again a release name in the middle of Round 2
> and get the process influenced by that and start wondering about the
> usefulness of the first round...

<cc-ing devel-list>

Aaah, I forgot... Then, is it already decided when the F10 release name
will be set? If we are going to match the artwork for F10 with it's
release name, it would greatly help if the release name was determined
really early in the process, so it would make IMHO sense (and would
greatly help us, the art team) to start with the F10 naming process now
and have a vote just about (or shortly after) the F9 release. What do
you think?

Martin

Old 04-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Martin Sourada

Old 04-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Nicu Buculei

Martin Sourada wrote:

I don't know... if we get again a release name in the middle of Round 2
and get the process influenced by that and start wondering about the
usefulness of the first round...

Aaah, I forgot... Then, is it already decided when the F10 release name
will be set? If we are going to match the artwork for F10 with it's
release name, it would greatly help if the release name was determined
really early in the process, so it would make IMHO sense (and would
greatly help us, the art team) to start with the F10 naming process now
and have a vote just about (or shortly after) the F9 release. What do
you think?

Supposedly there was recently some talk about that - jump to "3)
Painless Releases Meeting":

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-March/msg00139.html

Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 14:01 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Martin Sourada wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 10:40 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> >> I don't know... if we get again a release name in the middle of Round 2
> >> and get the process influenced by that and start wondering about the
> >> usefulness of the first round...
> >
> > Aaah, I forgot... Then, is it already decided when the F10 release name
> > will be set? If we are going to match the artwork for F10 with it's
> > release name, it would greatly help if the release name was determined
> > really early in the process, so it would make IMHO sense (and would
> > greatly help us, the art team) to start with the F10 naming process now
> > and have a vote just about (or shortly after) the F9 release. What do
> > you think?
>
> Supposedly there was recently some talk about that - jump to "3)
> Painless Releases Meeting":
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-March/msg00139.html

I read this thread, but I fail to see if a decision has been made since
then?

Martin

Old 04-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Martin,

Martin Sourada wrote:

[...]

I don't know if minutes are available for that meeting, but Jessie
Keating said that the naming process for F10 will start as soon as F9 is
released so we will hopefully have the codename a lot earlier.

~m