Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 PM
"Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek"

Default Fedora Windows Migration Tool

Dnia 2008-04-02, śro o godzinie 00:34 -0700, nikhil bharadwaj pisze:
> I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into
> the Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync
> of all the files in both the OS's.
>
> A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:
>
> http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

I proposed this already and it wasn't happily welcomed.

People were against. As usual here.

--
Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek
http://liviopl.jogger.pl/

Old 04-02-2008, 07:34 AM
nikhil bharadwaj

I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into the Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync of all the files in both the OS's.

A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:

http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

Old 04-02-2008, 07:50 AM
"Arthur Pemberton"

2008/4/2 nikhil bharadwaj <nikhil.bbharadwaj@yahoo.com>:
> I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into the
> Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync of all
> the files in both the OS's.
>
> A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:
>
> http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

Well first of all, this would be best done on firstboost, after
firstboost, not really "in setup"

( www.pembo13.com )

Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 AM
"Yuan Yijun"

2008/4/2, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa@gmail.com>:
> 2008/4/2 nikhil bharadwaj <nikhil.bbharadwaj@yahoo.com>:
>
> > I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into the
> > Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync of all
> > the files in both the OS's.
> >
> > A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:
> >
> > http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/
>

> Well first of all, this would be best done on firstboost, after
> firstboost, not really "in setup"

Maybe at any time? not only when setup, but synchronize them.

--
bbbush ^_^

Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:

Dnia 2008-04-02, śro o godzinie 00:34 -0700, nikhil bharadwaj pisze:

I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into
the Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync
of all the files in both the OS's.

A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:

http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

I proposed this already and it wasn't happily welcomed.

People were against. As usual here.

Where did you propose this and who was against this? You keep claiming
such things without providing details.

Rahul

Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
"Joe Harnish"

2008/4/2 nikhil bharadwaj <nikhil.bbharadwaj@yahoo.com>:
> I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into the
> Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync of all
> the files in both the OS's.
>
> A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:
>
> http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

It sounds cool. You would definitely want to filter what is going to
be synced though. Because of using things like VMware on Windows puts
all your VMs in My DocumentsMy Virtual Machines a user could use up
a ton of disk space replicating it.

One of the "Other" things to sync though would be Bookmarks and other
configuration items. Essentially making the Fedora an upgrade to any
Windows installation.

--Joe

Old 04-02-2008, 02:46 PM
Mike Cronenworth