Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 AM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Default Is this the future for gnome users..

Was doing a standard application click test on a fresh rawhide default
install..

Is this it..

Are we gonna tolerate this now..

Log in as a normal user..

Application --> System Tools --> Disk Management

Up comes a msg box

[ User mount Tool ]

There are no filesystem which you
are allowed to mount or unmount.
Contact your administrator.

Don t ask me to provide proper credential..
Nooooo I'm supposed to contact my administrator..

I'm already authorized to configure system-wide-settings ( root
credentials )

an apparently that's not enough..

So who's that Administrator that super seeds root credentials
Bill Gates maybe...

Mark this as the day that Gnome started to head down to > /dev/null
and should be replaced by ( Never thought I would say this.. long time
helixcode user ) KDE

as the default

Best regards
Johann B.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Josh Boyer

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 11:43 +0000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?
J=F3hann_B._Gu=F0mundsson _ wrote:
> Was doing a standard application click test on a fresh rawhide default
> install..
>
> Is this it..
>
> Are we gonna tolerate this now..

Let me paraphrase your whole email:

"OMG A BUG!! GNOME IS TEH SUCK! THEY BE IN MY GNOMEZ BREAKIN MY DISKS!
WTFBBQ?!"

I think we need less hyperbole, and more bugs being reported.

josh

Old 04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Josh Boyer wrote:

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 11:43 +0000, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?
Was doing a standard application click test on a fresh rawhide default
install..

Is this it..

Are we gonna tolerate this now..

Let me paraphrase your whole email:

"OMG A BUG!! GNOME IS TEH SUCK! THEY BE IN MY GNOMEZ BREAKIN MY DISKS!
WTFBBQ?!"

I think we need less hyperbole, and more bugs being reported.

josh

I think this msg box works as it was intended by the developer
I receve the msg box asking me to contact this administrator

Who that administrator is I have not a clue but it's certainly not
user with root credentials..

Best regards
Johann B.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Miloslav Trma─Ź

"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" p├*┼íe v ├Üt 01. 04. 2008 v 11:43 +0000:
> Was doing a standard application click test on a fresh rawhide default
> install..
>
> Is this it..
>
> Are we gonna tolerate this now..
Bug reports belong in bugzilla. And yes, bugs are tolerated if nobody
has enough time to work on them - what's the alternative?

> Log in as a normal user..
>
> Application --> System Tools --> Disk Management
>
> Up comes a msg box
>
> [ User mount Tool ]
>
> There are no filesystem which you
> are allowed to mount or unmount.
> Contact your administrator.
>
> Mark this as the day that Gnome started to head down to > /dev/null
> and should be replaced by ( Never thought I would say this.. long time
> helixcode user ) KDE
> as the default
Actually, you have discovered usermount, a tool that has been available
for at least 10 years now. GNOME not only didn't start to head anywhere
- this tool is not a part of GNOME at all.

Please file a bug report against redhat-menus to hide the menu entry in
GNOME (and perhaps KDE if it integrates with gnome-volume-manager).
Mirek

Old 04-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:
[...]

You are trolling frequently. The tool you are not talking about is not
even part of GNOME. Just file a bug report.

Rahul

Old 04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
"J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson"

Miloslav Trma─Ź wrote:

[...]

Will do..

Btw is this "tool" really needed?

Best regards
Johann B.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:
[...]

Care to elaborate on my "trolling" and frequently.

Good to know for me to know what you/others consider trolling so I can
*adjust properly*

If I could have right click the application in the menu and being able
to click properties or about or
heck of hell even just been shown what command was being executer I
could have simple identified it properly

and filed a bug report to the right application/package. *hint* *RFE* *hint*

And since I cant one can only make the logical assumption that this
belongs to Gnome.

But I indeed got what I needed..

Flashy title and a little rant.. got your attention
which then lead to.

a) If this belong to gnome some one one point out the correct
application/package

b) If not some one points out don't blame gnome blame this...

The end result for me was as I expected..

If only all bug reports got this much luvin..

#440029

Best regards
Johann B.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson wrote:

Care to elaborate on my "trolling" and frequently.

You post these dramatic statements now and then on the lists without
cross checking facts.

Flashy title and a little rant.. got your attention
which then lead to.

You do this deliberately? Classy.

Rahul

Old 04-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Miloslav Trma─Ź

Rahul Sundaram p├*┼íe v ├Üt 01. 04. 2008 v 19:23 +0530:
> J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson wrote:
> > Flashy title and a little rant.. got your attention
> > which then lead to.
>
> You do this deliberately? Classy.
Is this a bad time to suggest that maybe fedora-maintainers was not such
a bad idea after all?
Mirek