Old 03-31-2008, 03:09 PM
"Yuan Yijun"

Default How to start Tor only when network works in upstart framework?

Hi,

I use NetworkManager to connect to wifi network (WEP encrypted). Tor
daemon should be started after connection established. Everyday I have
to start Tor service manually. How to use upstart to do this?

BTW, when starting Tor I have to run "setenforce 0" then set to 1 when
started. Is this only happening to me?

Thanks!

--
bbbush ^_^

Old 03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
Zack Cerza

Yuan Yijun wrote:

Hi,

I use NetworkManager to connect to wifi network (WEP encrypted). Tor
daemon should be started after connection established. Everyday I have
to start Tor service manually. How to use upstart to do this?

There is probably a better way, but checking the exit code of:

nm-tool | grep -e 'Active.* yes'

might do what you want.