Old 03-30-2008, 12:57 PM
David Timms

Default notebook / multiple visual displays - Fn-Video_cycle button

Bastien Nocera wrote:

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 00:05 +1100, David Timms wrote:
OK, on F8, xrandr --verbose --auto does [x it to x] turn clone of the vga OP
connector on off depending on whether it is plugged in.

How would I tie that command to Fn-F4 ?

By hand:
http://live.gnome.org/ControlCenter/CustomKeybindings

Is it a possibility that this can just work for every notebook ?
Is it a reasonable goal ?

Pressing the monitor cycle key combo didn't seem to cause any
/var/log/messages indications when I tried other keys on this notebook
{Keymap Quirk Debugger}

Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 23:57 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 00:05 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> >> OK, on F8, xrandr --verbose --auto does [x it to x] turn clone of the vga OP
> >> connector on off depending on whether it is plugged in.
> >>
> >> How would I tie that command to Fn-F4 ?
> >
> > By hand:
> > http://live.gnome.org/ControlCenter/CustomKeybindings
> Is it a possibility that this can just work for every notebook ?
> Is it a reasonable goal ?
>
> Pressing the monitor cycle key combo didn't seem to cause any
> /var/log/messages indications when I tried other keys on this notebook
> {Keymap Quirk Debugger}

It's already in F9 done correctly. You asked "how do I do it on F8", and
I answered.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:47 PM
David Timms

Bastien Nocera wrote:

OK, on F8, xrandr --verbose --auto does [x it to x] turn clone of the vga OP
connector on off depending on whether it is plugged in.

How would I tie that command to Fn-F4 ?

By hand:
http://live.gnome.org/ControlCenter/CustomKeybindings

Is it a possibility that this can just work for every notebook ?
Is it a reasonable goal ?

Pressing the monitor cycle key combo didn't seem to cause any
/var/log/messages indications when I tried other keys on this notebook
{Keymap Quirk Debugger}

It's already in F9 done correctly.

Thanks Bastien,

OK, it's a bug {rather than an RFE} on F9-2008-03-27 live x86_64 then
since the key combo doesn't work on at least my specific hardware. I'll
search/file bug tomorrow.

Any hints on what component ? xorg-x11-?

How about activation of of the Svideo/composite output {that isn't
working from the gui tools} - should it be working - and hence need to
bug it ?

DaveT.