Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Jesse Keating

Default Rawhide 20080328 Snapshot Released

As part of our development schedule, we are releasing a snapshot of
Rawhide in iso and Live form. We are releasing these via bittorrent
only as it is a much lighter weight method to get bits out the door than
to go through our mirroring system. If you cannot use bittorrent we
apologize for the inconvenience.

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ has a section marked
Rawhide-20080328-Snapshot with CDs, DVD, and Live torrents. The Live
images were actually made from yesterday's rawhide as the attempt from
today's rawhide overflowed the CD size. The CDs and DVDs were made with
today's rawhide plus an updates.img inserted into them to resolve some
known issues we found in testing this morning.

Please us bugzilla to report any problems you find (after making sure
that somebody else hasn't already reported the issues). The Beta
release notes ( http://fedoraproject.org/en/f9-beta-relnotes ) still
mostly apply.

Thanks for all the testing!
--
Jesse Keating

Old 03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
Josh Boyer

> As part of our development schedule, we are releasing a snapshot of
> Rawhide in iso and Live form. We are releasing these via bittorrent
> only as it is a much lighter weight method to get bits out the door than
> to go through our mirroring system. If you cannot use bittorrent we
> apologize for the inconvenience.
>
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/ has a section marked
> Rawhide-20080328-Snapshot with CDs, DVD, and Live torrents. The Live
> images were actually made from yesterday's rawhide as the attempt from
> today's rawhide overflowed the CD size. The CDs and DVDs were made with
> today's rawhide plus an updates.img inserted into them to resolve some
> known issues we found in testing this morning.

If someone would like a PPC version of the CD/DVD images, please let us
know. At the momemt there weren't enough ppc specific bugs rolling in
from Beta to warrant spinning the snapshot release. So to save rel-eng
some time and disk space, I elected to omit them for this snapshot
release.

Future snapshot releases, and at the very least Preview, will include
PPC spins.

josh

Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 PM
David Timms

Jesse Keating wrote:

As part of our development schedule, we are releasing a snapshot of
Rawhide in iso and Live form. We are releasing these via bittorrent
only as it is a much lighter weight method to get bits out the door than
to go through our mirroring system. If you cannot use bittorrent we
apologize for the inconvenience.
I'd like to use bit torrent even more efficiently by using the 9beta
live image to build the rawhide image.

I am wanting to make some improvements to

To do this I wrote a python app to insert into a started bittorrent
download iso the bits available from an earlier download.

The key to testing whether that helps is being able to generate an
isoinfo dump of the iso contents.

Is there any chance that this could be scripted and lodged somewhere on
fp.org ?
Even better: include it in the torrent itself, so that as the torrent
user could mark that file for download, and the iso/SHA1sum as not
download. Then the external app fills the .torrent with the already
downloaded parts.

Second would be to be able to get a structure of the yet to be
downloaded iso's squashfs.img. I'm going to be giving that a try in the
next few weeks - unless there is proof that there is no way that it
could save on actual downloads.

DaveT.