Old 03-28-2008, 01:47 PM
"Thomas J. Baker"

Default Dual Head Video Card for F9B

I'd love to run F9B on my desktop but I have two monitors and a
troublesome nvidia card. Are there any PCI-E video cards that are well
supported for dual head and compiz level 3D? I only need support going
forward so it only has to work in F9B or better.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker email: tjb@unh.edu |
| Systems Programmer |
| Research Computing Center voice: (603) 862-4490 |
| University of New Hampshire fax: (603) 862-1761 |
| 332 Morse Hall |
| Durham, NH 03824 USA http://wintermute.sr.unh.edu/~tjb |

Old 03-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Adam Jackson

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 10:47 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
> I'd love to run F9B on my desktop but I have two monitors and a
> troublesome nvidia card. Are there any PCI-E video cards that are well
> supported for dual head and compiz level 3D? I only need support going
> forward so it only has to work in F9B or better.

Any given R400 series card should do fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_Graphics_Processing_Units

- ajax