Old 03-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

Default And now for something completely different...

Come one, come all, to the brand new Fedora Project's Python SIG's
mailing list. Regardless of whether you are a newbie or a grizzled
veteran, a Sunday dabbler or a hardcore hacker, or merely curious what
this is all about, all are welcome.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:48 PM
"Eric Mesa"

Out of curiosity, what is the need for a python SIG?Â* Other than, making sure Python is installed in Fedora, that is?

I do a lot of python stuff, so I'd be pretty happy to join, I'm just curious what about python in Fedora requires a special interest group.

Thanks,

Come one, come all, to the brand new Fedora Project's Python SIG's

mailing list. Regardless of whether you are a newbie or a grizzled

veteran, a Sunday dabbler or a hardcore hacker, or merely curious what

this is all about, all are welcome.

Eric Mesa
http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com

http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com
"Do not worry about those things that are outside of your circle of influence. For since they are outside of your power to control them it is simply a waste of time and energy to dwell on them. Instead, turn your attention to those things that you can control and grow your influence in those areas and you will see the effects begin to trickle out to those items that were previously out of your power to influence." – Eric Mesa inspired by Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Old 03-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Nils Philippsen

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 09:48 -0400, Eric Mesa wrote:
> Out of curiosity, what is the need for a python SIG? Other than,
> making sure Python is installed in Fedora, that is?
>
> I do a lot of python stuff, so I'd be pretty happy to join, I'm just
> curious what about python in Fedora requires a special interest group.

Discussing packaging of Python software for starters. Handling of
different versions of python modules concurrently and consistently. Best
practices concerning these.

Anything else?

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen / Red Hat / nphilipp@redhat.com
Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- B. Franklin, 1759

Old 03-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Jesse Keating

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 18:52 +0100, Nils Philippsen wrote:

> Discussing packaging of Python software for starters. Handling of
> different versions of python modules concurrently and consistently. Best
> practices concerning these.
>
> Anything else?

"Help me, I need to do $foo"

"Well, here's 5 good ways of doing $foo, and one not so good way"

--
Jesse Keating

Old 03-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Les Mikesell

Jesse Keating wrote:

Discussing packaging of Python software for starters. Handling of
different versions of python modules concurrently and consistently. Best
practices concerning these.

Anything else?

"Help me, I need to do $foo"

"Well, here's 5 good ways of doing $foo, and one not so good way"

That sounds more like perl than python. Where's the "only one way"?

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
José Matos

On Friday 28 March 2008 18:40:19 Les Mikesell wrote:

> That sounds more like perl than python. Where's the "only one way"?

$ python -m 'this' | grep purity
Although practicality beats purity.

--
José Abílio