Old 03-28-2008, 10:39 AM
"Izhar Firdaus"

Default request for removal from rawhide: compizconfig-backend-kconfig

compiz-fusion project just released its 0.7.2 version not so long ago,
however, ccp-backend-kconfig requires kde3 dependencies to function
properly. Sulphur should be using KDE4 right?, I was informed that the
have been major changes for kconfig in kde4. Therefore, this package
is not usable at least until upstream releases a kde4 compatible
version.

I am requesting compizconfig-backend-kconfig-0.6.0 to be removed from
rawhide for this moment.

(or are there any proper procedure for this?)

--
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru

Old 03-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Josh Boyer

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 19:39 +0800, Izhar Firdaus wrote:
> compiz-fusion project just released its 0.7.2 version not so long ago,
> however, ccp-backend-kconfig requires kde3 dependencies to function
> properly. Sulphur should be using KDE4 right?, I was informed that the
> have been major changes for kconfig in kde4. Therefore, this package
> is not usable at least until upstream releases a kde4 compatible
> version.
>
> I am requesting compizconfig-backend-kconfig-0.6.0 to be removed from
> rawhide for this moment.
>
> (or are there any proper procedure for this?)

Email rel-eng@fedoraproject.org with this exact email.

josh

Old 03-28-2008, 10:57 AM
"Izhar Firdaus"

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Email rel-eng@fedoraproject.org with this exact email.

thanks

Old 03-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Kevin Kofler

Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> compiz-fusion project just released its 0.7.2 version not so long ago,
> however, ccp-backend-kconfig requires kde3 dependencies to function
> properly. Sulphur should be using KDE4 right?, I was informed that the
> have been major changes for kconfig in kde4. Therefore, this package
> is not usable at least until upstream releases a kde4 compatible
> version.

KConfig is included in kdelibs3, I don't see a good reason why we shouldn't be
able to ship a compizconfig-backend-kconfig built against kdelibs3 in F9.

Only things which require the KDE 3 workspace components (KWin and Kicker,
mainly) need to be ported or removed.

Kevin Kofler

Old 03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
"Izhar Firdaus"

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at> wrote:
> Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > compiz-fusion project just released its 0.7.2 version not so long ago,
> > however, ccp-backend-kconfig requires kde3 dependencies to function
> > properly. Sulphur should be using KDE4 right?, I was informed that the
> > have been major changes for kconfig in kde4. Therefore, this package
> > is not usable at least until upstream releases a kde4 compatible
> > version.
>
> KConfig is included in kdelibs3, I don't see a good reason why we shouldn't be
> able to ship a compizconfig-backend-kconfig built against kdelibs3 in F9.
>
> Only things which require the KDE 3 workspace components (KWin and Kicker,
> mainly) need to be ported or removed.

looking at compiz's specfile, it looks like compiz 0.7.2 was built for
kde4 rather than kde3,

ccp-backend-kconfig is made to allow adjustment of kconfig values
through libcompizconfig.

I doubt it will be compatible if compiz uses kconfig kde4 and
ccp-backend-kconfig uses kconfig kde3

Old 03-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Kevin Kofler

Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I doubt it will be compatible if compiz uses kconfig kde4 and
> ccp-backend-kconfig uses kconfig kde3

KDE 3 and 4 share the same config files in Fedora, and the files they write out
are compatible.

Kevin Kofler

Old 03-28-2008, 05:14 PM
drago01

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@chello.at> wrote:
> > Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > > compiz-fusion project just released its 0.7.2 version not so long ago,
> > > however, ccp-backend-kconfig requires kde3 dependencies to function
> > > properly. Sulphur should be using KDE4 right?, I was informed that the
> > > have been major changes for kconfig in kde4. Therefore, this package
> > > is not usable at least until upstream releases a kde4 compatible
> > > version.
> >
> > KConfig is included in kdelibs3, I don't see a good reason why we shouldn't be
> > able to ship a compizconfig-backend-kconfig built against kdelibs3 in F9.
> >
> > Only things which require the KDE 3 workspace components (KWin and Kicker,
> > mainly) need to be ported or removed.
> >

> looking at compiz's specfile, it looks like compiz 0.7.2 was built for
> kde4 rather than kde3,
>
> ccp-backend-kconfig is made to allow adjustment of kconfig values
> through libcompizconfig.
>
> I doubt it will be compatible if compiz uses kconfig kde4 and
> ccp-backend-kconfig uses kconfig kde3

It should still work fine.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:22 PM
"Izhar Firdaus"

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 2:14 AM, drago01 <drago01@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Izhar Firdaus <kagesenshi.87@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > KConfig is included in kdelibs3, I don't see a good reason why we shouldn't be
> > > able to ship a compizconfig-backend-kconfig built against kdelibs3 in F9.
> > >
> > > Only things which require the KDE 3 workspace components (KWin and Kicker,
> > > mainly) need to be ported or removed.
> > >

> > looking at compiz's specfile, it looks like compiz 0.7.2 was built for
> > kde4 rather than kde3,
> >
> > ccp-backend-kconfig is made to allow adjustment of kconfig values
> > through libcompizconfig.
> >
> > I doubt it will be compatible if compiz uses kconfig kde4 and
> > ccp-backend-kconfig uses kconfig kde3
>
> It should still work fine.

thanks all... package updated