-   -   (no subject) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/6012-no-subject.html)

Robert Mercer 11-27-2007 03:23 AM

(no subject)

12-11-2007 01:43 PM

(no subject)

Hi,

I've been trying to install Fedora DS 1.0.4-1. Tried using both
fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL3.i386.opt.rpm and
fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL4.i386.opt.rpm.

Installation seems to be successful. After completing
/opt/fedora-ds/setup/setup, I get this output:

[slapd-testldap]: starting up server ...
[slapd-testldap]: Fedora-Directory/1.0.4 B2006.312.435
[slapd-testldap]: testldap.test.somehost.com:3389
(/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-testldap)
[slapd-testldap]:
[slapd-testldap]: [11/Dec/2007:14:35:42 +0100] - Fedora-Directory/1.0.4
B2006.312.435 starting up
[slapd-testldap]: [11/Dec/2007:14:35:43 +0100] - slapd started. Listening
on All Interfaces port 3389 for LDAP requests
Your new directory server has been started.
Created new Directory Server
Start Slapd Starting Slapd server configuration.
Success Slapd Added Directory Server information to Configuration Server.
Configuring Administration Server...
Setting up Administration Server Instance...
Configuring Administration Tasks in Directory Server...
Configuring Global Parameters in Directory Server...
Can't start Admin server [/opt/fedora-ds/start-admin > /tmp/fileihS5jQ
2>&1] (error: No such file or directory)
You can now use the console. Here is the command to use to start the
console:
cd /opt/fedora-ds
./startconsole -u admin -a http://testldap.test.somehost.com:2002/

INFO Finished with setup, logfile is setup/setup.log

I can now connect to the ldap-server with an ldap-browser, but as you can
see, the admin server doesn't launch properly. If I then try to re-run the
start-admin script, I get the following errs:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so' from
LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so' from
LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151 of
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server:
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS32

Any suggestions?

Audun

Rich Megginson 12-11-2007 02:40 PM

(no subject)

audunroe@tihlde.org wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to install Fedora DS 1.0.4-1. Tried using both
fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL3.i386.opt.rpm and
fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL4.i386.opt.rpm.

What OS are you using? 32bit or 64bit?

[...]

12-12-2007 07:53 AM

(no subject)

> audunroe@tihlde.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to install Fedora DS 1.0.4-1. Tried using both
>> fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL3.i386.opt.rpm and
>> fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.RHEL4.i386.opt.rpm.
>>
> What OS are you using? 32bit or 64bit?

Oops. I seem to have forgotten that tidbit of vital information (as well
as a subject). The platform is 64 bit - just verified. I didn't set up the
box myself so I initially tested with the 32 bit binaries because I
thought that would be playing it safe. The specific distribution is, I
believe, Red Hat. To be specific, dmesg output says Red Hat 4.1.2-14.

<snip>
>> I can now connect to the ldap-server with an ldap-browser, but as you
>> can
>> see, the admin server doesn't launch properly. If I then try to re-run
>> the
>> start-admin script, I get the following errs:
>>
>> ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libssl3.so' from
>> LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>> ERROR: ld.so: object '/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libldap60.so' from
>> LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>> httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151 of
>> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
>> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server:
>> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: wrong ELF class:
>> ELFCLASS32

I've now tested the RHEL4 x86_64 rpms. The errmsg is different, but the
outcome pretty much the same. The startup-script post-install fails in
just the same way, but I get a slightly different error (but for the same
library) when running the start-admin script:

httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151 of
/opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server:
/opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: undefined symbol:
apr_filename_of_pathname

Just like before, the ldap server itself starts without incident and I'm
still able to connect to the ldap server itself using an ldap-browser.

Audun

12-12-2007 12:50 PM

(no subject)

>> audunroe@tihlde.org wrote:

<snip all>
> I've now tested the RHEL4 x86_64 rpms. The errmsg is different, but the
> outcome pretty much the same. The startup-script post-install fails in
> just the same way, but I get a slightly different error (but for the same
> library) when running the start-admin script:
>
> httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 151 of
> /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/config/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so into server:
> /opt/fedora-ds/bin/admin/lib/libmodrestartd.so: undefined symbol:
> apr_filename_of_pathname

Replying to myself here. Anyway: Found a post about the same issue in the
mailing list archives[1], and of course it did turn out that the machine
had httpd v2.2. Simply using the FC6 rpms instead of the RHEL4-ones seems
to have done the trick.

I have yet to successfully connect to the server using the admin client
for ultimate verification(tm), due to a firewall issue. All error
messages are gone, however, and I can telnet to the port from localhost as
well as another box in the same net, so I assume it's working now. Thanks
for the nudge in the right direction!

[1]
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2006-April/msg00031.html

"Preeti B" 12-28-2007 10:00 AM

(no subject)

"promar@juno.com" 01-08-2008 05:52 PM

(no subject)

Hi,
first off my equipment:
fic 503+ motherboard
amd KIII 400 MHZ processor
256 meg memory
radeon 32 meg apg video card
samsung sw232 cd/cdrw
maxtor 40 gig drive
maxtor 2.0 gig drive

I downloaded xubuntu 7.10 and burned the iso image to a cd. Checksums of the file appeared to be ok. checksums of the burned image also appeared to ok. After trying various times to install from the cd, the install sometimes stalls at the point when its burning the kernal, and when that passes through it stall at the point when installing the software portion. I can never get past the software portion, when I do get past the kernal portion of the install.

After a few tips in troubleshooting, I came to conclusion that its my cdrom drive that does not respond well during install.

So my question is, how can I manage a harddrive install, by invoking the install process via the cdrom image? I have no internet connection where my computer is located.

regards

returnCode 01-09-2008 08:14 AM

(no subject)

Hallo proma

This is not strictlt the solution to problem you mention in email, but is a workaround.

If you have the posssibility to boot via USB pen drive you can use the following guide

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent

for creating a booting pen drive with the file of live cd of xubuntu.

I tried this type of installation for my old laptop that have no cdrom drive and it work well.

Attention! I suggest to specified manually the partition during the installation procedure.

I follow the automatic procedure the first time, and after the reboot I find a "grub error 18".

The second time, I specified manually the partition during the installation procedure and the now I have a fresh installation of xubuntu on my laptop

HopeThisHelp

Jun Salen 01-10-2008 08:24 AM

(no subject)

>Firewall? What have you done to try and find out what the problem is?

I disable firewall and SELinux on mail server machine and the PIX firewall where the machine connects to outside world allow port 80 and 443 just as before but still the problem persist. I will try to up later the old machine and will check if the web mail becomes accessible and then restore the new machine (this is in production only) again. This is to see if DNS is the culprit, but I doubt it. Any more ideas guys?

Thanks,

junji
aisalen.wordpress.com
Linux Registered User #253162