Old 09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Gustin Johnson

Default (no subject)

Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Jarom√≠r MikeŇ°

Hi Gustin,

what is your experience with this package? As regards performance.
Can be "irqbalance" useful for single core processor too?

Cheers

Mira

< >
< > I've found this link http://irqbalance.org/ which seems to be interesting.
< > Maybe irqbalance can be useful for 64studio.
< >
< It is already packaged in Debian. I am not sure if it is a part of
< 64Studio, but you can download the .deb here:
<
< http://packages.debian.org/etch/irqbalance
<
<
<

Old 09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Jarom√≠r MikeŇ°

< >
< > what is your experience with this package? As regards performance.
< > Can be "irqbalance" useful for single core processor too?
< >
< Honestly, I can't "feel" the difference, at least in a proper double
< blind. That was a depressing experiment

I will try it ... hopefully without any depression :-)
Thanks for link.

M.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Michael Pacey

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 05:58:41PM -0600, Gustin Johnson wrote:
> Honestly, I can't "feel" the difference, at least in a proper double
> blind. That was a depressing experiment

The web site says it's use should be "invisible" to the user. I don't
think you're supposed to feel any difference!
--
Michael

Old 09-12-2008, 08:46 PM
"Bob Hoffman"

Hi all..

I have centos 5.2

There is a cron file that is commented out to auto update the rules of
spamassassin
Location: /etc/cron.d/sa-update

This file is chmod 600, should it not be 755? All the other crons are 755

This line is commented.
#10 4 * * * root /usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update.cron 2>&1 | tee -a
/var/log/sa-update.log

Questions

1- should I re chmod it to 600 or leave it at 755?

Is anyone else using this? The cron file says to read a certain wiki page
and do this cron at your own peril. Yet I find no warnings on that wiki page
that would make me think this was bad.

Thanks all

Old 09-13-2008, 09:30 PM
"Lanny Marcus"

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Bob Hoffman <bob@bobhoffman.com> wrote:

> Hi all..
>
> I have centos 5.2
>
> There is a cron file that is commented out to auto update the rules of
> spamassassin
> Location: /etc/cron.d/sa-update
>
> This file is chmod 600, should it not be 755? All the other crons are 755
>
> This line is commented.
> #10 4 * * * root /usr/share/spamassassin/sa-update.cron 2>&1 | tee -a
> /var/log/sa-update.log
>

> Questions
>
> 1- should I re chmod it to 600 or leave it at 755?
>
> Is anyone else using this? The cron file says to read a certain wiki page
> and do this cron at your own peril. Yet I find no warnings on that wiki page
> that would make me think this was bad.
>

> Thanks all

Bob: In the future, please include something in the Subject line, that
will give the list an idea of what your message is about. I think you
will get more replies if you do that.. Lanny

Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 AM
"Mads Michelsen"

Hi,

As explained here , I'd like to take over the fsaa1655g package - but it needs to be orphaned first. Can this be done?

- Mads

Old 09-23-2008, 09:54 AM
"Andrea Scarpino"

2008/9/23 Mads Michelsen <chochem@gmail.com>:
> but it needs to be orphaned first. Can this be done?
done

--
Andrea `BaSh` Scarpino
Arch Linux Trusted User

Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
"Ronald van Haren"

On 9/23/08, Mads Michelsen <chochem@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As explained here <http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=55635> , I'd
> like to take over the
> fsaa1655g<http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=8281>package - but
> it needs to be orphaned first. Can this be done?
>
> - Mads

done