Old 08-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default (no subject)

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 07:05 -0700, Jimmy Provoyeur, Jr. wrote:
> Has anyone successfully been able to install ocsigen framework
> webserver onto Fedora 9, if so any installation steps, tips, hints,
> etc.... i am also trying to install sqlite and it's taking forever on
> the "make" file; any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

You need a subject line.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
landon kelsey

I have Fedora 9/KDE 4.0.5 and have used yum to get the latest updates!

Now some mysterious "software update" system is updating!

For example: One morning I woke up and I got a new kernel all of a sudden!
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

I have looked everywhere to find a dialog to shut off this software updater!

Once such a dialog appeared and I selected NOT to make updates.

This didn't help!

I have found (logged in as root) settings->software updates dialog where I set everything to "do nothing"

I looked in system services and yumupdatesd or yum-updatesd does not appear!

I did find this out!

ps -ef|grep -i package
root 15885 1 0 13:55 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/packagekitd
landon4 15891 2711 0 13:59 pts/1 00:00:00 grep -i package
[landon4@localhost Timer]$

so something is running!

Thanks!

under settings->software updates I found a dialog that set "update" settings for some facility I've never heard of!

I suspect this sneaked in about 2-4 weeks ago! I noticed something running this morning!

I have set everything to do nothing so I'll see what happens!

I have had empty yum updates for a while now!

I did do the script:
yum clean all
yum clean metadata
yum clean dbcache
yum update

still yum update yields nothing
I brought up the software updates dialog and set updates to
all updates/hourly/notify

perhaps the package kit "add on" changed everything

Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 AM
"Sadaruwan Samaraweera"

Hi Good People,

******** I've created a blog to help newbies in the world of Linux. Can you people see it and tell what departments that I've to improve more to help the grate community of Linux.

Thank you
--
Sadaruwan Samaraweera

Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Romeo Ninov

Sadaruwan Samaraweera wrote / napísal(a):

Hi Good People,

I've created a blog to help newbies in the world of Linux.
Can you people see it and tell what departments that I've to improve
more to help the grate community of Linux.

Thank you
--
Sadaruwan Samaraweera

Sounds interest, but
1. how do you think - is it appropriate to post in the list with
subject: (no subject)

2. Where is the link of blog?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 AM
"Sadaruwan Samaraweera"

Sadaruwan Samaraweera *wrote / napísal(a):

Hi Good People,

* * * * I've created a blog to help newbies in the world of Linux. Can you people see it and tell what departments that I've to improve more to help the grate community of Linux.

Thank you

--

Sadaruwan Samaraweera

Sounds interest, but

1. how do you think - is it appropriate to post in the list with subject: (no subject)

2. Where is the link of blog?

Sorry I made a mistake there and I did send in another mail right after that with the link and the subject
Thank you
--
Sadaruwan Samaraweera

Old 09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Lanny Marcus

Sadaruwan Samaraweera wrote:

Hi Good People,

I've created a blog to help newbies in the world of Linux. Can you
people see it and tell what departments that I've to improve more to help
the grate community of Linux.

Thank you

In the future, please do not leave the Subject of your mailing list
posts blank. Please give us some idea, in the Subject line, what your
messages are about. If you have something to add about CentOS, please
consider putting it on the CentOS Wiki. Probably many more people will
see it there.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 AM
"sujan sunil pilli"

Old 09-05-2008, 06:53 AM