Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
"Mackell, Thomas O"

Default (no subject)

I am running the latest versions of cobbler and koan. cobbler-0.9.2-2.fc8

koan-0.9.2-2.fc8. I just love the buildiso option, works great for our environment.

I have not found any major problems with the upgrade to the release 9 code. Other than a couple of my snippets not working correctly, until I tripped across this one: I figured it was something I have wrong, or set up incorrectly.

I am running cobbler on Fedora FC 8, with all of the latest patches/updates.

When I issue the cobbler status command:

[root@linux1 bin]# cobbler status

<type 'exceptions.ValueError'> need more than 1 value to unpack

* File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 65, in* main

*** return BootCLI().run(sys.argv)

** File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cobbler/cobbler.py", line 44, in run

*** return self.loader.run(args)

** File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cobbler/commands.py", line 69, in run

*** return fn.run()

** File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cobbler/modules/cli_misc.py", line 198, in run

*** return self.api.status("text") # no other output modes supported yet

** File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cobbler/api.py", line 354, in status

*** return statusifier.run()

** File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cobbler/action_status.py", line 152, in run

*** self.scan_logfiles()

** File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/cobbler/action_status.py", line 60, in scan_logfiles

*** (profile_or_system, name, ip, start_or_stop, ts) = tokens

Any ideas of where to start in looking for the problem?

I am not much of a python programmer, just started reading a book on it.

Thank You,

Thomas Mackell

Old 05-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Michael DeHaan

Mackell, Thomas O wrote:

[...]

rm /var/lib/cobbler/install.log and see if that helps the problem. It
may be you have some other noise in that file from a previous install.

Failing that, email me the file and I'll check it out. (Actually,
email me the file and then rm it).

--Michael

Old 06-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Hawk_Eye Hawk_Eye

Hawk_Eye@abv.bg

Old 06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Jerrod G

My xubuntu dosent work. i tried all of your suggestions and none worked. how do i remove xubuntu from my hard drive?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:24 PM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

You simply need to install an operating system over it. For example, if you decide to replace Xubuntu with Ubuntu then when you run the Ubuntu install simply tell it to use up the entire hard drive.

What problems were you facing anyhow?

Cheers,

Cody

My xubuntu dosent work. i tried all of your suggestions and none worked. how do i remove xubuntu from my hard drive?

Cody A.W. Somerville
Software Engineer
Red Cow Marketing & Technologies, Inc.
Office: 506-458-1290
Toll Free: 1-877-733-2699
Fax: 506-453-9112
Cell: 506-449-5899

Email: cody@redcow.ca
http://www.redcow.ca

Old 06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Jerrod G

how do i remove xubuntu from my computer?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:27 PM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

Hi Jerrod,

*Did my earlier response not answer your question. If you're having trouble removing Xubuntu, what problems are you having?

Thanks,

Old 06-09-2008, 04:40 PM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

Interesting. So to confirm, the grey screen shows up *after* you type in your username and password to login?

Do you see the mouse cursor? Can you move the mouse around?