Old 11-25-2010, 05:44 AM
清水大輔

Default (no subject)

--
清水大輔 <shimizu.daisuke@mycom.co.jp>

Old 01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Petrus Validus

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 16:43 +0500, ktauhidu wrote:
> Good day! I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5520g on it does not work the
> microphone. Tell me how to fix the problem.

How about you tell us more information first. What have you done to fix
the problem? Do you have any error messages to report?

Also, not to be a jerk but demanding answers from people on this list
(or other technical lists) isn't going to get you too far. We're not
here to do your homework for you.

--
Petrus Validus
Petrus.Validus@gmail.com

Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Sjoerd Hardeman

Petrus Validus schreef:

Good day! I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5520g on it does not work the
microphone. Tell me how to fix the problem.

How about you tell us more information first. What have you done to fix
the problem? Do you have any error messages to report?

Also, not to be a jerk but demanding answers from people on this list
(or other technical lists) isn't going to get you too far. We're not
here to do your homework for you.

And finally, never underestimate the value of a proper subject-line.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Charlie

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:38:52 -0500 Petrus Validus
<petrus.validus@gmail.com> shared this with us all:

>On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 16:43 +0500, ktauhidu wrote:
>> Good day! I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5520g on it does not work the
>> microphone. Tell me how to fix the problem.
>
>How about you tell us more information first. What have you done to
>fix the problem? Do you have any error messages to report?
>
>Also, not to be a jerk but demanding answers from people on this list
>(or other technical lists) isn't going to get you too far. We're not
>here to do your homework for you.

It's always tricky when someone who doesn't have a good command of a
language, attempts to get answers on a mailing list on a language they
don't know well. They do tend to use less words to make less mistakes,
and the email reads a bit abrupt, even rude or demanding.

I assume they post to an unfamiliar mailing list because they can't get
the answers, or don't have a mailing list on that subject in their own
language. Because of the language difficulty don't read the list
nettiquette or anything else, just hoping that someone will understand
their need. [laughing] Just goes to show that most of us are very lucky
in one way or another.

Be well,
Charlie
--
http://www.skymesh.net.au/~taogypsy/
-------------------------------------

What do you want to get enlightened for? You may not like it. ---------
SHUNRYU SUZUKI

Old 02-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Dave Reisner

The ensuing patches revert Allan's breakage^Wchanges to the public API with
regard to the introduction of pmpkghash_t. Since we haven't exposed any public
facing API calls which can manipulate a pmpkghash_t, there's not much point
in exposing the type along with it. alpm_db_get_pkgcache_list is renamed back
to alpm_db_get_pkgcache, and the calls which return a pmpkghash_t are explicitly
renamed alpm_db_get_pkgcache_hash.

dave

Old 02-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Allan McRae

The ensuing patches revert Allan's breakage^Wchanges to the public API with
regard to the introduction of pmpkghash_t. Since we haven't exposed any public
facing API calls which can manipulate a pmpkghash_t <snip>

Yet... There are several places in pacman where the exposing (e.g.)
_alpm_pkghash_find() would be very useful so I think this is likely to
be exposed in the future.

Allan

Old 02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Dan McGee

On Friday, February 25, 2011, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 26/02/11 00:29, Dave Reisner wrote:
>

> The ensuing patches revert Allan's breakage^Wchanges to the public API with
> regard to the introduction of pmpkghash_t. Since we haven't exposed any public
> facing API calls which can manipulate a pmpkghash_t * <snip>
>

> Yet... *There are several places in pacman where the exposing (e.g.) _alpm_pkghash_find() would be very useful so I think this is likely to be exposed in the future.

You can blame this on me, Allan. I suggested we do this because we
have caused headaches to people with the unnecessary rename. Exposing
it later via a _hash suffix might happen, but no need to expose it
until we know it is needed.

-Dan

Old 02-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Allan McRae

The ensuing patches revert Allan's breakage^Wchanges to the public API with
regard to the introduction of pmpkghash_t. Since we haven't exposed any public
facing API calls which can manipulate a pmpkghash_t<snip>

Yet... There are several places in pacman where the exposing (e.g.) _alpm_pkghash_find() would be very useful so I think this is likely to be exposed in the future.

You can blame this on me, Allan. I suggested we do this because we
have caused headaches to people with the unnecessary rename. Exposing
it later via a _hash suffix might happen, but no need to expose it
until we know it is needed.

OK. Ack both patches then.

Allan

Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 AM