Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Eric Bélanger

Default (no subject)

Here's a fixed version of the patch. I just removed the parenthesis and it seems to be working without them. I don't remember why I added them originally.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Eric Bélanger

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Eric Bélanger <snowmaniscool@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's a fixed version of the patch. I just removed the parenthesis and it seems to be working without them. *I don't remember why I added them originally.

FYI, the patch:

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-June/017249.html

was submitted in the original ML thread:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-February/015356.html

This message was supposed to accompany it but git send-email has messed up.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Calvin McAnarney

Old 06-28-2010, 03:49 AM
"Jeffrey Lynn Parke Jr."

42

Here's a fixed version of the patch. I just removed the parenthesis and it seems to be working without them. I don't remember why I added them originally.

FYI, the patch:

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-June/017249.html

was submitted in the original ML thread:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-February/015356.html

This message was supposed to accompany it but git send-email has messed up.

For future reference, you can add comments directly in the patch after
the "---" line and they will be ignored by git when applying.

Allan

Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 AM
FUJITA Tomonori

This patchset fixes page leak issue in discard commands with unprep
facility that James posted:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=127791727508214&w=2

The 1/3 patch adds unprep facility to the block layer (identical to
what James posted).

The 2/3 patch frees a page for discard commands by using the unprep
facility. James' original patch doesn't work since it accesses to
rq->bio in q->unprep_rq_fn. We hit oops since q->unprep_rq_fn is
called when all the data buffer (req->bio and scsi_data_buffer) in the
request is freed.

I use rq->buffer to keep track of an allocated page as the block layer
sets rq->buffer to the address of bio's page. scsi-ml (and llds) don't
use rq->buffer (rq->buffer is set to NULL). So I can't say that I like
it lots. Any other way to do that?

The 3/3 path just removes the dead code.

This is against Jens' for-2.6.36.

The git tree is also available:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tomo/linux-2.6-misc.git unprep

I'll update the discard FS request conversion on the top of this soon. But this can be applied independently (and fixes the memory leak).

=
block/blk-core.c | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
block/blk-settings.c | 17 +++++++++++++++++
drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c | 2 +-
drivers/scsi/sd.c | 25 +++++++++++++++----------
include/linux/blkdev.h | 4 ++++

Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Jens Axboe

On 2010-07-01 12:49, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> This patchset fixes page leak issue in discard commands with unprep
> facility that James posted:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=127791727508214&w=2
>
> The 1/3 patch adds unprep facility to the block layer (identical to
> what James posted).
>
> The 2/3 patch frees a page for discard commands by using the unprep
> facility. James' original patch doesn't work since it accesses to
> rq->bio in q->unprep_rq_fn. We hit oops since q->unprep_rq_fn is
> called when all the data buffer (req->bio and scsi_data_buffer) in the
> request is freed.
>
> I use rq->buffer to keep track of an allocated page as the block layer
> sets rq->buffer to the address of bio's page. scsi-ml (and llds) don't
> use rq->buffer (rq->buffer is set to NULL). So I can't say that I like
> it lots. Any other way to do that?
>
> The 3/3 path just removes the dead code.

I've queued up these three for 2.6.36.

--
Jens Axboe

Old 08-09-2010, 06:08 AM
Giuseppe Corazzin

Spett.le Cliente,

dal 9 Agosto 2010 al 29 Agosto 2010UT non sarň in grado di leggere le email inviate a questo indirizzo.
Per urgenze compilare il form sul nuovo sito della Computer srl http://www.computersrl.com/home/component/jforms/4/88.html
o chiamare il numero 0438.450500

Grazie

Giuseppe Corazzin
COMPUTER srl
Via Conegliano 94/b - 31058 SUSEGANA (TV)
Web: www.computersrl.com

Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Rajagopal Swaminathan

Greetings,

2010/8/9 Giuseppe Corazzin <giuseppe@computersrl.com>:
> Spett.le Cliente,
>
> dal 9 Agosto 2010 al 29 Agosto 2010UT non sarň in grado di leggere le email inviate a questo indirizzo.
> Per urgenze *compilare il form sul nuovo sito della Computer srl *http://www.computersrl.com/home/component/jforms/4/88.html
> o chiamare il numero 0438.450500

duh.. I cant understand a word of it. and won't bother with translation.

English please.Rest are irritating in a tech list.

Regards

Rajagopal