Old 02-04-2010, 05:02 AM
Pastor JW

Default (no subject)

On Wednesday 03 February 2010 9:46:08 pm Glenn Dance wrote:
> Hi, can you remove me from your mailing list please i am overloaded with
> poeples problems somehow??

Isn't it interesting? The instructions for doing what you want were on the
bottom of the message you posted! As they are on mine also and on top of
that on every one of the rest of the messages posted on this maillist!!

your problem! Way too simple huh?!!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403

Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Gene Heskett

On Thursday 04 February 2010, Glenn Dance wrote:
>Hi, can you remove me from your mailing list please i am overloaded with
>poeples problems somehow??

Only you can do that. See the last line of any post from this server.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The early bird gets the coffee left over from the night before.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Dave Chinner

These patches improve sequential write IO patterns and reduce ordered
write log contention.

The first patch is simply for diagnosis purposes - it enabled me to
see where Io was being dispatched from, and led directly to he fix
in the second patch. The third patch removes the use of WRITE_SYNC_PLUG for
async writes (data, metadata and log), and the third moves the AIL pushing out
from under the log lock so that incoming writes can still proceed while
the log is being flushed.

The difference is on a local disk that XFS can do 85MB/s sequential
write, gfs2 can do:
cfq noop
vanilla 38MB/s 48MB/s
+2 48MB/s 65MB/s
+3 48MB/s 65MB/s
+4 51MB/s 75MB/s

The improvement is due to the IO patterns resulting in the disk being IO bound,
and the subsequent improvements in IO patterns directly translate into more
throughput

On a faster 4-disk dm stripe array on the same machine that XFS can do 265MB/s
(@ 550iop/s) sequential write, gfs2 can do:

cfq noop
vanilla 135MB/s @ 400iop/s 130MB/s @ 800iop/s
+4 135MB/s @ 400iop/s 130MB/s @ 500iop/s

No improvement or degradation in throughput is seen here as the disks never get
to being IO bound - the write is cpu bound. However, there is an improvement in
iops seen on no-op scheduler as a result of the improvement in IO dispatch
patterns.

The patches have not seen much testing, so this is really just a posting
for comments/feedback at this point.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:25 PM
kanza aman

check it out !!!!! what about if we move on further
creations.
*K@NZ@

Old 02-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

On 06/02/10 08:25 AM, kanza aman wrote:

>****

> check it out !!!!! what about if we move on further creations.

>*

> K@NZ@

>****

Hmm. It appears no to be related to the theme. Realistically there will
be usability issues for users but it is interesting concept. Have you
added it on the wiki[1]?

Ref:

- -----

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork

- --

Luya Tshimbalanga

Graphic & Web Designer

E: luya@fedoraproject.org

W: http://www.thefinalzone.net

Old 02-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Ralph Angenendt

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM, <lists@izom.de> wrote:
> Hi list, recently I wrote a short article about building a dovecot-sieve
> plugin for the current CentOS-included version of dovecot:
> http://blog.credativ.com/2010/02/howto-using-dovecot-with-sieve-in-rhelcentos-5/
> Could that be of interest for your wiki? Regards, Roland

Tha needs some thoughts - maybe a package in extras would be more
appropriate. Let me thingk (and discuss) about that, I will come back
to you. After all, it seems to be rather easy to get the sieve
package.

Ralph

Old 02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
kanza aman