Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Steve

Default (no subject)

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:06:43 -0000, Harry Paterson <hpaterson@ts.co.nz>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> Back again after a few weeks with my Firefox
> problem with no connection in Ubuntu 9.10.
> My hard drive crashed and I have been busy sorting that out. I have two
> computers one new and Ubuntu
> only while the other was a dual boot system which I have reverted to
> Windows only as 9.10 would not
> boot Firefox even from the demo disk on both machines. I downloaded
> another .iso file in case the file was
> faulty but still no joy. I took the demo disk down to my son-in-law's
> computer but Firefox will not connect
> to the internet from his machine also ??? I have reverted to Ubuntu 9.04
> on my dedicated Ubuntu machine
> and Firefox runs fine on that. Any clues to this problem ?
>
> Harry Paterson

Don’t have a clue about the Firefox problem but, you may need to resend
this with a Subject as it ended up in my Junk folder.

--
Steve

Old 11-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Chris

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:06:43 -0800
Harry Paterson <hpaterson@ts.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> Back again after a few weeks with my Firefox
> problem with no connection in Ubuntu 9.10.
> My hard drive crashed and I have been busy sorting that out. I have
> two computers one new and Ubuntu
> only while the other was a dual boot system which I have reverted to
> Windows only as 9.10 would not
> boot Firefox even from the demo disk on both machines. I downloaded
> another .iso file in case the file was
> faulty but still no joy. I took the demo disk down to my son-in-law's
> computer but Firefox will not connect
> to the internet from his machine also ??? I have reverted to Ubuntu
> 9.04 on my dedicated Ubuntu machine
> and Firefox runs fine on that. Any clues to this problem ?
>
> Harry Paterson

First - please use the subject.
Second - once you have booted into your "demo disk", open a terminal
and ping something. For example, www.yahoo.com.

If you can't ping the actual url above, use the IP below.
69.147.76.15

If you don't get a reply from either - It's possible that there
may be some sort of configuration anomoly with your home network.

I would not be so quick to blame the CD when in fact it most likely
works for nearly everyone (I did say nearly, didn't I?!)

Paste the results then I'm sure someone else might lend some help.

--
Best regards,

Chris

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

Old 11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Chris

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:06:43 -0800
Harry Paterson <hpaterson@ts.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> Back again after a few weeks with my Firefox
> problem with no connection in Ubuntu 9.10.
> My hard drive crashed and I have been busy sorting that out. I have
> two computers one new and Ubuntu
> only while the other was a dual boot system which I have reverted to
> Windows only as 9.10 would not
> boot Firefox even from the demo disk on both machines. I downloaded
> another .iso file in case the file was
> faulty but still no joy. I took the demo disk down to my son-in-law's
> computer but Firefox will not connect
> to the internet from his machine also ??? I have reverted to Ubuntu
> 9.04 on my dedicated Ubuntu machine
> and Firefox runs fine on that. Any clues to this problem ?
>
> Harry Paterson

Meh...

--
Best regards,

Chris

"There's no place like 127.0.0.1"

Old 12-09-2009, 02:48 PM
"Rallias UberNerd"

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:06:43 -0600, Harry Paterson <hpaterson@ts.co.nz>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> Back again after a few weeks with my Firefox
> problem with no connection in Ubuntu 9.10.
> My hard drive crashed and I have been busy sorting that out. I have two
> computers one new and Ubuntu
> only while the other was a dual boot system which I have reverted to
> Windows only as 9.10 would not
> boot Firefox even from the demo disk on both machines. I downloaded
> another .iso file in case the file was
> faulty but still no joy. I took the demo disk down to my son-in-law's
> computer but Firefox will not connect
> to the internet from his machine also ??? I have reverted to Ubuntu 9.04
> on my dedicated Ubuntu machine
> and Firefox runs fine on that. Any clues to this problem ?
>
> Harry Paterson

Does thunderbird work or do you not use it? If thunderbird dosn't work, it
is a problem with gecko.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Mikulas Patocka

Hi

The current version of shared snapshots can be downloaded from
http://people.redhat.com/mpatocka/patches/kernel/new-snapshots/devel

So if you want to review it, you can get it from there. (I'm not sending
it to the mailing list because it's big)

Mikulas

Old 12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
"John Graham"

I am having some problems with my install .. but let me add a Thanks to all the FEDORA* group this is one of the BEST versions yet todate
* It could be the LapTop but here is my problems ..

I always reformat and install a GOOD copy.* Fedora 11 did it and now 12 is doing it
i am now running a acer travelmate c310 with 2gig of memory and running at 2 GHz and a 200gig drive

1) Some sounds work like sound effects work with no problem all the time but the output does not work this happens all the time* .. windows and

2) cant get the printer working as i need

foomatic-db-filesystem = 4.0-6.20090819.fc12 is needed by package foomatic-db-4.0-6.20090819.fc12.noarch (fedora)foomatic-db-ppds = 4.0-6.20090819.fc12 is needed by package foomatic-db-4.0-6.20090819.fc12.noarch (fedora)
*
But it will not find them so non of my work can be printeded

3)
.
------------ --------- ---------
dn ps ouo no un
sd 's up no
.
. Apex North America
. John Graham Engineering Manager
.We don't make mistakes. We just generate learning experiences
. Your mileage may vary.
. 65 South Washington Street, Donora, Pa 15033
. Main Number (724) 379-8880 or (866) 273-9872
. Fax Number (724) 379-8887 or (866) 273-9329
. Cell Number (412) 287-8291
.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security
will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Sergei KCH

Доброе утро (у нас утро )
Честно сказать недоконца понял ваш вопрос но я не работаю FC-12
проблема с дровами на ATI

Old 02-03-2010, 02:45 PM

Hi list,

recently I wrote a short article about building a dovecot-sieve plugin for the current CentOS-included version of dovecot:
http://blog.credativ.com/2010/02/howto-using-dovecot-with-sieve-in-rhelcentos-5/

Could that be of interest for your wiki?

Regards,

Roland
Message sent via Atmail Open - http://atmail.org/_______________________________________________
CentOS-docs mailing list
CentOS-docs@centos.org

Old 02-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Glenn Dance

Hi, can you remove me from your mailing list please i am overloaded with
poeples problems somehow??