Old 10-04-2011, 02:03 PM
darrell pfeifer

Default upgrading from grub to grub2

The wiki at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Grub2
has instructions for upgrading from grub to grub2.

Do these instructions still apply, or will 'yum install grub2' do the work in the post install script?
darrell

Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 AM
Adam Williamson

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 07:03 -0700, darrell pfeifer wrote:
> The wiki at
>

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Grub2
>

> has instructions for upgrading from grub to grub2.
>

> Do these instructions still apply,

Yes.

> or will 'yum install grub2' do the work in the post install script?

Nope. It would be nice if it did, but it may not actually be practical
to do so. I believe pjones expressed some scepticism about the prospects
when I raised it in #anaconda today.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey