-   -   upgrading from grub to grub2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/583398-upgrading-grub-grub2.html)

darrell pfeifer 10-04-2011 02:03 PM

upgrading from grub to grub2

The wiki at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Grub2
has instructions for upgrading from grub to grub2.

Do these instructions still apply, or will 'yum install grub2' do the work in the post install script?
darrell

Adam Williamson 10-05-2011 05:23 AM

On Tue, 2011-10-04 at 07:03 -0700, darrell pfeifer wrote:
> The wiki at
>

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Grub2
>

> has instructions for upgrading from grub to grub2.
>

> Do these instructions still apply,

Yes.

> or will 'yum install grub2' do the work in the post install script?

Nope. It would be nice if it did, but it may not actually be practical
to do so. I believe pjones expressed some scepticism about the prospects
when I raised it in #anaconda today.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey