Old 10-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Linus Walleij

Default chkrootkit reports systemd:s default /sbin/init as INFECTED

Following the intrusion on kernel.org I reverified my system
with chkrootkit and it moans like this:

Searching for Suckit rootkit... Warning: /sbin/init INFECTED

SuckIT rootkit? Don't think so, because after
yum reinstall systemd, chkrootkit still reports it.

This is on x86_64

I don't know where to report this false positive, shall it
be sent to chkrootkit?

Anybody knows what to do with this?

Or have I been owned after all :-P

Yours,
Linus Walleij

Old 10-01-2011, 08:11 AM
Michael Schwendt

Has been reported before -> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/chkrootkit

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc8.git0.0.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.90 0.57 0.32

Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Linus Walleij

2011/10/1 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 09:58:12 +0200, LW (Linus) wrote:
>>
>> I don't know where to report this false positive, shall it
>> be sent to chkrootkit?
>
> Has been reported before -> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/chkrootkit

Thanks Michael, now I can sleep well again :-)

Yours,
Linus Walleij