Hey, folks. So, everyone clear their schedules for the next 18 hours!
We have, we think, fixed up all the EFI installation issues. At the
go/no-go meeting today, all groups agreed to delay the go/no-go decision
till tomorrow evening (Eastern time) to give a chance at getting RC4
built and validated and hence avoiding a further slip of the release,
which we really didn't want to do.
RC4 should be landing within the next few hours, unless something goes
terribly wrong. At that point, because the fixes involved poking
anaconda, we're going to need to try and re-do the entire set of install
validation tests, if at all possible. Desktop and base do not really
need to be re-tested, as they won't have changed at all from RC3.
I'm gonna be testing the whole time from when RC4 lands to the deadline,
but if everyone else can please pitch and complete some of the install
tests that would be really helpful. It would especially help if people
can help test the slightly odd hardware cases, like all the RAID
permutations, and SCSI and PATA installs.
We can try to co-ordinate testing through #fedora-qa, I'll be there the
whole time, to try and make sure people don't test the same things
(which is usually great, but for this we should just focus on making
sure everything gets tested at least once).
Thanks a lot everyone!
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
test-announce mailing list
devel mailing list