Old 09-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Ankur Sinha

Default Fedora medical needs package maintainers

Hello all,

If you've been following the planet[1], you'd know that my GSoC project
this year was packaging for the Fedora Medical SIG. I packaged quite a
few of them during the GSoC period[2]. The issue here is that I cannot
maintain these packages: I do not use them. Are any maintainers here
interested in these packages? Please apply for co-maintainer-ship if you
are, and I will hand the packages over to you. I am going to orphan
these packages in the next few weeks so others can take them over. This
is the best path to take in the interests of fedora medical in the long
term.

If you are interested in maintaining these packages but are not a
sponsored maintainer, please have a look at this link[3]. I will gladly
mentor anyone who is interested in contributing to fedora as a package
maintainer.

[1] http://planet.fedoraproject.org
[2] http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2011/08/20/fedora-gsoc-report/
[3]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group#Becom e_a_co-maintainer

--
Thanks,
Regards,

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/

Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Hello all,
>
> If you've been following the planet[1], you'd know that my GSoC project
> this year was packaging for the Fedora Medical SIG. I packaged quite a
> few of them during the GSoC period[2]. The issue here is that I cannot
> maintain these packages: I do not use them. Are any maintainers here
> interested in these packages? Please apply for co-maintainer-ship if you
> are, and I will hand the packages over to you. I am going to orphan
> these packages in the next few weeks so others can take them over. This
> is the best path to take in the interests of fedora medical in the long
> term.

If it's important to you that these packages stay in Fedora, it would be
better not to orphan them, but to hang onto ownership until someone
requests it, so that they don't get dropped from the distribution in a few
cycles.

-J

> If you are interested in maintaining these packages but are not a
> sponsored maintainer, please have a look at this link[3]. I will gladly
> mentor anyone who is interested in contributing to fedora as a package
> maintainer.
>
> [1] http://planet.fedoraproject.org
> [2] http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2011/08/20/fedora-gsoc-report/
> [3]