Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/)
-   -   GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/579357-gitpython-0-3-2-rc1-consumers.html)

Jesse Keating 09-23-2011 07:54 PM

GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers
 
I'm upgrading GitPython from 0.2x to 0.3 in rawhide. There are some changes that require consumers to do some minor porting, briefly outlined at http://packages.python.org/GitPython/0.3.2/whatsnew.html#guided-upgrade

I don't know who all consumes GitPython, I know I do for rpkg/fedpkg.

I bring this up not only for rawhide, but I would like to bring this into Fedora 16 too. The 0.2 code base has reached end of line, and I'd rather not have it in an upcoming release. But since there could require porting I wanted to send this out and get an idea of there are any consumers out there.

- jlk

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel

"Richard W.M. Jones" 09-23-2011 08:41 PM

GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers
 
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:54:35PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'm upgrading GitPython from 0.2x to 0.3 in rawhide. There are some changes that require consumers to do some minor porting, briefly outlined at http://packages.python.org/GitPython/0.3.2/whatsnew.html#guided-upgrade
>
> I don't know who all consumes GitPython, I know I do for rpkg/fedpkg.
>
> I bring this up not only for rawhide, but I would like to bring this into Fedora 16 too. The 0.2 code base has reached end of line, and I'd rather not have it in an upcoming release. But since there could require porting I wanted to send this out and get an idea of there are any consumers out there.

Could this be causing Rawhide Koji builds to fail now?

I get:
FAILED: BuildError: error retrieving sources, mock exited with status 1; see build.log for more information

which seems to be caused by this error:
'gitdb' could not be found in your PYTHONPATH

Some googling indicated this was related to gitpython in some way.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
Read my programming blog: http://rwmj.wordpress.com
Fedora now supports 80 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)
http://cocan.org/getting_started_with_ocaml_on_red_hat_and_fedora
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel

Jesse Keating 09-25-2011 01:35 AM

GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers
 
On Sep 23, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:54:35PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> I'm upgrading GitPython from 0.2x to 0.3 in rawhide. There are some changes that require consumers to do some minor porting, briefly outlined at http://packages.python.org/GitPython/0.3.2/whatsnew.html#guided-upgrade
>>
>> I don't know who all consumes GitPython, I know I do for rpkg/fedpkg.
>>
>> I bring this up not only for rawhide, but I would like to bring this into Fedora 16 too. The 0.2 code base has reached end of line, and I'd rather not have it in an upcoming release. But since there could require porting I wanted to send this out and get an idea of there are any consumers out there.
>
> Could this be causing Rawhide Koji builds to fail now?
>
> I get:
> FAILED: BuildError: error retrieving sources, mock exited with status 1; see build.log for more information
>
> which seems to be caused by this error:
> 'gitdb' could not be found in your PYTHONPATH
>
> Some googling indicated this was related to gitpython in some way.
>
> Rich.


Yeah, for some reason it's not seeing the python-gitdb I built up. Odd because I swore I tested this with the nose tests in GitPython. Oh well, my fault for building something on a Friday. Doubly my fault for forgetting that fedpkg is involved in early package building and thus a very critical part of the build system. I'll take my lashings now.

- jlk


--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel

Jesse Keating 09-26-2011 03:49 PM

GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers
 
On Sep 24, 2011, at 9:35 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sep 23, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:54:35PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
>>> I'm upgrading GitPython from 0.2x to 0.3 in rawhide. There are some changes that require consumers to do some minor porting, briefly outlined at http://packages.python.org/GitPython/0.3.2/whatsnew.html#guided-upgrade
>>>
>>> I don't know who all consumes GitPython, I know I do for rpkg/fedpkg.
>>>
>>> I bring this up not only for rawhide, but I would like to bring this into Fedora 16 too. The 0.2 code base has reached end of line, and I'd rather not have it in an upcoming release. But since there could require porting I wanted to send this out and get an idea of there are any consumers out there.
>>
>> Could this be causing Rawhide Koji builds to fail now?
>>
>> I get:
>> FAILED: BuildError: error retrieving sources, mock exited with status 1; see build.log for more information
>>
>> which seems to be caused by this error:
>> 'gitdb' could not be found in your PYTHONPATH
>>
>> Some googling indicated this was related to gitpython in some way.
>>
>> Rich.
>
>
> Yeah, for some reason it's not seeing the python-gitdb I built up. Odd because I swore I tested this with the nose tests in GitPython. Oh well, my fault for building something on a Friday. Doubly my fault for forgetting that fedpkg is involved in early package building and thus a very critical part of the build system. I'll take my lashings now.
>
> - jlk


Figured it out. python-gitdb picked up a new dependency I wasn't aware of.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=741334 Once that gets reviewed, I can rebuild python-gitdb to express the new dependency and things will be back to working order with the new GitPython (this time tested!).

Any reviewers?

- jlk

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel

Bruno Wolff III 09-26-2011 04:56 PM

GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers
 
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:49:15 -0400,
Jesse Keating <jkeating@j2solutions.net> wrote:
> > Yeah, for some reason it's not seeing the python-gitdb I built up. Odd because I swore I tested this with the nose tests in GitPython. Oh well, my fault for building something on a Friday. Doubly my fault for forgetting that fedpkg is involved in early package building and thus a very critical part of the build system. I'll take my lashings now.

FYI, it also broke fedpgk. Seeing the messages about it here before I ran into
the issue with fedpkg, helped me in that I knew to revert GitPython right
away.
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel

Jesse Keating 09-26-2011 05:10 PM

GitPython 0.3.2 RC1 and consumers
 
On Sep 26, 2011, at 12:56 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:49:15 -0400,
> Jesse Keating <jkeating@j2solutions.net> wrote:
>>> Yeah, for some reason it's not seeing the python-gitdb I built up. Odd because I swore I tested this with the nose tests in GitPython. Oh well, my fault for building something on a Friday. Doubly my fault for forgetting that fedpkg is involved in early package building and thus a very critical part of the build system. I'll take my lashings now.
>
> FYI, it also broke fedpgk. Seeing the messages about it here before I ran into
> the issue with fedpkg, helped me in that I knew to revert GitPython right
> away.


Same issue. fedpkg sources is used to get the sources for the srpm creation process.

- jlk

--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:46 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.