Old 09-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Matthew Booth

Default Delinquent mirror process

I've noticed that mirror.bytemark.co.uk hasn't been updated since 8th
September:

http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/fedora/linux/updates/15/x86_64/repodata/

However, it's still being handed out by our mirror list. It seems to me
they should be, at least temporarily, dropped as an official mirror. Is
there a process for doing that?

Also, is there a way to contact them to ask if they've permanently
dropped Fedora, or if this is just a blip? Their mirror site suggests
only Bytemark customers should contact them.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID: D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490

Old 09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Tom Hughes

On 19/09/11 16:06, Matthew Booth wrote:

> I've noticed that mirror.bytemark.co.uk hasn't been updated since 8th
> September:
>
> http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/fedora/linux/updates/15/x86_64/repodata/
>
> However, it's still being handed out by our mirror list. It seems to me
> they should be, at least temporarily, dropped as an official mirror. Is
> there a process for doing that?
>
> Also, is there a way to contact them to ask if they've permanently
> dropped Fedora, or if this is just a blip? Their mirror site suggests
> only Bytemark customers should contact them.

I'm a customer so I pinged a tweet at them pointing them at your
message. I'm sure they wouldn't have objected to the upstream for the
mirror contacting them though.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/

Old 09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Tom Hughes

Old 09-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Adrian Reber

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 04:06:47PM +0100, Matthew Booth wrote:
> I've noticed that mirror.bytemark.co.uk hasn't been updated since 8th
> September:
>
> http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/fedora/linux/updates/15/x86_64/repodata/
>
> However, it's still being handed out by our mirror list. It seems to me
> they should be, at least temporarily, dropped as an official mirror. Is
> there a process for doing that?

I just checked and I do not see it in the list any longer:

https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f15&arch=x86_64&country=gb

Do you still get the mirror listed? It is not in database listed as up
to date for f15 updates.

Adrian