Old 09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Michel Alexandre Salim

Default Broken dependencies: pino

Dear Pino maintainers,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 3:30 PM, <buildsys@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> pino has broken dependencies in the rawhide tree:
> On x86_64:
> * * * *pino-0.3-0.3.20101112hg.fc15.x86_64 requires libgee.so.2()(64bit)
> On i386:
> * * * *pino-0.3-0.3.20101112hg.fc15.i686 requires libgee.so.2
> Please resolve this as soon as possible.

Rawhide now has libgee 0.7; upstream has changed their versioning
system so that, like Vala, the odd minor releases have API levels
equal to the next even number (thus libgee 0.7 is at API level 0.8 and
ships with gee-0.8.pc)

I tried making a test build with the CMakeLists.txt patched, but it
looks like there are other changes that need to be made:

- src/accounts_widget.vala, line 38: Vala 0.13.x does not seem to like
'public static enum', removing the static allows compilation to
proceed

- DSO linking problem: trunc is used, requiring -lm to link against libm.so.6

Given that several changes are needed, it's probably best for one of
the Pino maintainers to make the update (I'd not feel comfortable
doing anything more than just adjusting for the libgee changes)

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email: *salimma@fedoraproject.org *| GPG key ID: 78884778
Jabber: hircus@jabber.ccc.de * * * | IRC: hircus@irc.freenode.net

() *ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/ *www.asciiribbon.org * - against proprietary attachments

Old 09-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 09/08/2011 04:43 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> Given that several changes are needed, it's probably best for one of
> the Pino maintainers to make the update (I'd not feel comfortable
> doing anything more than just adjusting for the libgee changes)

Upstream is struck in development stage for a long time after the
rewrite started and hasn't been responsive to any bug reports filed. I
am inclined to just orphan it

Rahul

Old 09-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Alex Hudson

> On 09/08/2011 04:43 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> > Given that several changes are needed, it's probably best for one of
> > the Pino maintainers to make the update (I'd not feel comfortable
> > doing anything more than just adjusting for the libgee changes)
>
> Upstream is struck in development stage for a long time after the
> rewrite started and hasn't been responsive to any bug reports filed. I
> am inclined to just orphan it

I would second this. I've got a number of critical bugs still open in
Bugzilla about pino; these have been open since before F15 released IIRC
and it has been totally unusable (for anyone, as far as I can tell)
since then.

It's a shame because I was a big user of it (obviously), but I've had to

Cheers

Alex.

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com

Old 09-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 09/08/2011 04:54 PM, Alex Hudson wrote:
> I would second this. I've got a number of critical bugs still open in
> Bugzilla about pino; these have been open since before F15 released
> IIRC and it has been totally unusable (for anyone, as far as I can
> tell) since then. It's a shame because I was a big user of it
> (obviously), but I've had to go back using twitter/identi.ca directly;
> it simply doesn't work.

I have given up co-maintainership now. FWIW, I use hotot instead

Rahul