Old 09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Transmission and Deluge sysv to systemd

Hi

These two torrent packages includes init scripts for the daemons and
need to be converted to systemd. I have been meaning to convert but
could use some help. If someone can take a look a look and file a
patch, I will be happy to role them in. Thanks

Rahul

Old 09-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Michał Piotrowski

Hi,

2011/9/7 Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> These two torrent packages includes init scripts for the daemons and
> need to be converted to systemd. ┬*I have been meaning to convert but
> could use some help. ┬*If someone can take a look a look and file a
> patch, ┬*I will be happy to role them in. ┬*Thanks

I don't use it, but I can take a look.

> Rahul

Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/

Old 09-07-2011, 01:49 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

On 09/07/2011 01:12 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> These two torrent packages includes init scripts for the daemons and
> need to be converted to systemd. I have been meaning to convert but
> could use some help. If someone can take a look a look and file a
> patch, I will be happy to role them in. Thanks
>
> Rahul

Hum I thought a had converted torrent already anyway deluge into two
seperated daemons from a quick look of it the service and the "web.service"

Old 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Michał Piotrowski

2011/9/7 "J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" <johannbg@gmail.com>:
> On 09/07/2011 01:12 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> These two torrent packages includes init scripts for the daemons and
>> need to be converted to systemd. ┬*I have been meaning to convert but
>> could use some help. ┬*If someone can take a look a look and file a
>> patch, ┬*I will be happy to role them in. ┬*Thanks
>>
>> Rahul
>
> Hum I thought a had converted torrent already anyway deluge into two
> seperated daemons from a quick look of it the service and the "web.service"

Yes, conversion into two separate services seems to be the most
appropriate solution.

Here is a service file for transmission
https://github.com/eventhorizonpl/systemd-services/blob/master/transmission-daemon.service

Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/

Old 09-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Michał Piotrowski

2011/9/7 "J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" <johannbg@gmail.com>:
> On 09/07/2011 01:55 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>> Yes, conversion into two separate services seems to be the most
>> appropriate solution.
>>
>> Here is a service file for transmission
>> https://github.com/eventhorizonpl/systemd-services/blob/master/transmission-daemon.service
>
> ┬*From the looks of it missing an
>
> PIDFile=/run/transmission-daemon.pid

I added this command to service and pid file isn't created. I'm using F15.

> JBG

Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/

Old 09-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Michał Piotrowski

W dniu 7 wrze┼Ťnia 2011 16:18 u┼╝ytkownik Micha┼é Piotrowski
<mkkp4x4@gmail.com> napisał:
> 2011/9/7 "J├│hann B. Gu├░mundsson" <johannbg@gmail.com>:
>> On 09/07/2011 01:55 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>>> Yes, conversion into two separate services seems to be the most
>>> appropriate solution.
>>>
>>> Here is a service file for transmission
>>> https://github.com/eventhorizonpl/systemd-services/blob/master/transmission-daemon.service
>>
>> ┬*From the looks of it missing an
>>
>> PIDFile=/run/transmission-daemon.pid
>
> I added this command to service and pid file isn't created. I'm using F15.

I uploaded a new version with this command and changes suggested by
Tomasz Torcz.

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/

Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Tomasz Torcz

On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 02:43:56PM +0000, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> > I uploaded a new version with this command and changes suggested by
> > Tomasz Torcz.
>
> Your unit file is still incomplete
>
> 2. If using an EnvironmentFile= we add '-' in front of the path.
> 3. Adding the -f has the daemon stuck in foreground leaving the user
> waiting for the command to complete

Note that Type=forking is removed in new version, so it defaults to
Type=simple and DTRT.

(I would prefer dropping sysconfig file altogether, like Lennart suggested
some time ago. And few other. It should work with only ExecStart= and User=
in [Service]).

--
Tomasz Torcz There exists no separation between gods and men:
xmpp: zdzichubg@chrome.pl one blends softly casual into the other.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 09/07/2011 08:20 PM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
> (I would prefer dropping sysconfig file altogether, like Lennart
> suggested some time ago. And few other. It should work with only
> ExecStart= and User= in [Service]).

I am fine with dropping the sysconfig file

Rahul

Old 09-07-2011, 03:06 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

On 09/07/2011 03:04 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 08:20 PM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>> (I would prefer dropping sysconfig file altogether, like Lennart
>> suggested some time ago. And few other. It should work with only
>> ExecStart= and User= in [Service]).
> I am fine with dropping the sysconfig file

It kinda does not server purpose from my point of view having an
Environment= that gets called once so final would look something like
this...

[Unit]
Description=Transmission-Daemon A bittorrent Client
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
User=transmission
ExecStart=/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --blocklist -g
/var/lib/transmission/.config/transmission
StandardError=syslog

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Old 09-07-2011, 03:12 PM
"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson"

On 09/07/2011 03:06 PM, "Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 03:04 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 09/07/2011 08:20 PM, Tomasz Torcz wrote:
>>> (I would prefer dropping sysconfig file altogether, like Lennart
>>> suggested some time ago. And few other. It should work with only
>>> ExecStart= and User= in [Service]).
>> I am fine with dropping the sysconfig file
>
> It kinda does not server purpose from my point of view having an
> Environment= that gets called once so final would look something like
> this...
>
> [Unit]
> Description=Transmission-Daemon A bittorrent Client
> After=syslog.target network.target
>
> [Service]
> User=transmission
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f --blocklist -g
> /var/lib/transmission/.config/transmission
> StandardError=syslog
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target

Sorry missed the -T when puzzle this together for that post so ExecStart
should look like...

ExecStart=/usr/bin/transmission-daemon -f -T --blocklist -g