Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
"Kaleb S. KEITHLEY"

Default yum update btrfs-progs failing on F16alpha

I've got an F16alpha kvm guest installed from scratch a few days ago.

Today I tried a `yum update` (with --disablerepo=updates-testing) which
failed. By trial and error I determined that it is btrfs-progs, trying
to update from 0.19-13.fc15 to 0.19-16.fc15, that fails with:

warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
069c8460: NOKEY
Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-x86_64

The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora 16 - x86_64" repository are
already installed but they are not correct for this package.
Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.

The maintainer doesn't know why the keys is bad. (I've also asked him
why there isn't an fc16 rpm, just fc15 and fc17 in koji. Do we care that
there are not fc16 builds?)

How did it get a bad key? Do we even care if the newer version goes out
in the beta? FWIW I forced it by installing the RPM with `rpm -i --force`.

--

Kaleb

Old 09-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Josh Boyer

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle@redhat.com> wrote:
> I've got an F16alpha kvm guest installed from scratch a few days ago.
>
> Today I tried a `yum update` (with --disablerepo=updates-testing) which
> failed. By trial and error I determined that it is btrfs-progs, trying
> to update from 0.19-13.fc15 to 0.19-16.fc15, that fails with:
>
> * warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
> 069c8460: NOKEY
> * Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-x86_64
>

> * The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora 16 - x86_64" repository are
> already installed but they are not correct for this package.
> * Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
>
> The maintainer doesn't know why the keys is bad. (I've also asked him
> why there isn't an fc16 rpm, just fc15 and fc17 in koji. Do we care that
> there are not fc16 builds?)
>
> How did it get a bad key? Do we even care if the newer version goes out
> in the beta? FWIW I forced it by installing the RPM with `rpm -i --force`.

You don't have a bad key. You have an RPM that is signed by the F15
key, since it's an F15 RPM and your fresh install does not have that
key imported. Just run:

rpm --import http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/15/Fedora/x86_64/os/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

and it will work fine.

As for why there is no f16 build, I have no idea. The Beta should get
a sign run before it's pushed out, so all packages should be signed
with the f16 key. There might be an issue with inheritance here,
which I thought we disabled during Branched state to prevent this.

josh