Old 09-01-2011, 09:52 PM
"Joshua C."

Default Will we finally get firefox 6.0.1???

Can someone finally rebuild firefox 6.0.1 for fedora? The browser is a
critical part of everyone's system today and I really don't understand
why such software isn't updated when needed to.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Reindl Harald

Am 01.09.2011 23:52, schrieb Joshua C.:
> Can someone finally rebuild firefox 6.0.1 for fedora? The browser is a
> critical part of everyone's system today and I really don't understand
> why such software isn't updated when needed to

because xulrunner is updated and the version does not matter?

* Wed Aug 31 2011 Jan Horak <jhorak@redhat.com>
- 6.0-3 - Distrust a specific Certificate Authority

Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Michał Piotrowski

Hi,

2011/9/1 Joshua C. <joshuacov@googlemail.com>:
> Can someone finally rebuild firefox 6.0.1 for fedora? The browser is a
> critical part of everyone's system today and I really don't understand
> why such software isn't updated when needed to.

I'm sure it will be updated soon - it was released just yesterday.

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/

Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 PM
"Joshua C."

2011/9/2 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/9/1 Joshua C. <joshuacov@googlemail.com>:
>> Can someone finally rebuild firefox 6.0.1 for fedora? The browser is a
>> critical part of everyone's system today and I really don't understand
>> why such software isn't updated when needed to.
>
> I'm sure it will be updated soon - it was released just yesterday.

Not exactly. The source code was synced to the mirrors on August 30th,
so it's more than 3 days...

Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Lars Seipel

On Friday, September 02, 2011 12:47:06 AM Joshua C. wrote:

> Not exactly. The source code was synced to the mirrors on August 30th,
> so it's more than 3 days...

Like Harald said, the issue is already fixed in Fedora (since August 31th).
Aside from distrusting a certain CA there were no further changes in Firefox
6.0.1 AFAIK.

Lars