Old 09-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Rudolf Kastl

Default mutter vs mutter-mbl

Heyyas,

Actually since ever mutter conflicts with mutter-mbl. Isnt it about
time to get that conflict resolved? Technically it shouldnt be a big
issue to package one of them in a non conflicting way. I think it
might be good for our users to be able to install both components in
parallel to be able to test/try them on a single install.
What is the plan about that? Is a merge going to happen sometime soon?
Is there any plan to get rid of the conflicts?

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl

Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Adam Williamson

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 21:32 +0200, Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> Heyyas,
>
> Actually since ever mutter conflicts with mutter-mbl. Isnt it about
> time to get that conflict resolved? Technically it shouldnt be a big
> issue to package one of them in a non conflicting way. I think it
> might be good for our users to be able to install both components in
> parallel to be able to test/try them on a single install.
> What is the plan about that? Is a merge going to happen sometime soon?
> Is there any plan to get rid of the conflicts?

no-one's really working very actively on the Meego stuff right now, so
it's not terribly likely in the short-term, I think :/ Peter's been too
busy to carry the torch lately, I believe, and is prioritizing Sugar.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey