FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-30-2011, 11:42 AM
"Richard W.M. Jones"
 
Default Orphaned: vpnc

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/vpnc

vpnc is a VPN client compatible with Cisco EasyVPN.

Although I use vpnc daily, I only need/use the old version in RHEL 5,
and I don't have a machine on which I can conveniently study Fedora
bug reports. Therefore I have released ownership of this package in
Fedora 14-17.

Judging by the volume of bug reports, this is a widely used VPN
package. Upstream comes and goes. The latest upstream is probably:

http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/

and the version in svn (not in a released tarball) is relatively
recent.

CC'd to tmraz: As I was orphaning the package, I noticed that you had
requested commit access. I'm not sure why I didn't see any email
about that, or perhaps I did get email but I overlooked it. In any
case, I have granted this now.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat http://people.redhat.com/~rjones
virt-top is 'top' for virtual machines. Tiny program with many
powerful monitoring features, net stats, disk stats, logging, etc.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 08-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Christian Krause
 
Default Orphaned: vpnc

Hi,

On 08/30/2011 01:42 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Although I use vpnc daily, I only need/use the old version in RHEL 5,
> and I don't have a machine on which I can conveniently study Fedora
> bug reports. Therefore I have released ownership of this package in
> Fedora 14-17.

Since I have vpnc in nearly daily use on various Fedora installations,
I'll help out here.

> Judging by the volume of bug reports, this is a widely used VPN
> package. Upstream comes and goes. The latest upstream is probably:
>
> http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/
>
> and the version in svn (not in a released tarball) is relatively
> recent.

I have looked at the list of open bugs for vpnc and it looks like that
there are a couple of packaging issues, some problems with the
vpnc-script and some other issues which may require some upstream help.

> CC'd to tmraz: As I was orphaning the package, I noticed that you had
> requested commit access. I'm not sure why I didn't see any email
> about that, or perhaps I did get email but I overlooked it. In any
> case, I have granted this now.

Best regards,
Christian
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Christian Krause
 
Default Orphaned: vpnc

Hi David,

On 08/31/2011 09:37 AM, Woodhouse, David wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 02:42 +0200, Christian Krause wrote:

>> I have looked at the list of open bugs for vpnc and it looks like that
>> there are a couple of packaging issues, some problems with the
>> vpnc-script and some other issues which may require some upstream
>> help.
>
> Are there any problems with vpnc-script that *aren't* fixed by simply
> updating to the one in
> http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git ?

I have looked at the git repository and I'm unsure about one change:

The commit:
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git/commitdiff/ea98b094e8f75fcd696db81bc6c5160dc67b4e4f


seems to fix https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=693235
(negative MTU) in case "ip route ... " does not report the mtu.

However, at least on my systems, "ip route ..." does never return the
mtu in its output and so the script will always use the hard-coded
fallback value 1412 as MTU.

The proposed patch attached to the bug report (
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=515615 ) uses a different
approach:
It extracts the actual interface via "ip route" and retrieves the MTU
via "ip link show $interface".

What do you think about this patch?


Best regards,
Christian
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 
Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Rudolf Kastl
 
Default Orphaned: vpnc

2011/9/4 Christian Krause <chkr@fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi David,
>
> On 08/31/2011 09:37 AM, Woodhouse, David wrote:
>> On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 02:42 +0200, Christian Krause wrote:
>
>>> I have looked at the list of open bugs for vpnc and it looks like that
>>> there are a couple of packaging issues, some problems with the
>>> vpnc-script and some other issues which may require some upstream
>>> help.
>>
>> Are there any problems with vpnc-script that *aren't* fixed by simply
>> updating to the one in
>> http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git ?
>
> I have looked at the git repository and I'm unsure about one change:
>
> The commit:
> http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/vpnc-scripts.git/commitdiff/ea98b094e8f75fcd696db81bc6c5160dc67b4e4f
>
>
> seems to fix https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=693235
> (negative MTU) in case "ip route ... " does not report the mtu.
>
> However, at least on my systems, "ip route ..." does never return the
> mtu in its output and so the script will always use the hard-coded
> fallback value 1412 as MTU.
>
> The proposed patch attached to the bug report (
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=515615 ) uses a different
> approach:
> It extracts the actual interface via "ip route" and retrieves the MTU
> via "ip link show $interface".
>
> What do you think about this patch?

What does upstream think about the patch?

>
>
> Best regards,
> Christian
> --
> devel mailing list
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
>
--
devel mailing list
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:49 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org