Old 07-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Dan Horák

Default Fedora 15 for IBM System z 64bit official release

It's been a longer time since the Fedora 15 release for the primary
architectures than we expected, but here we are.

As today, the Fedora IBM System z (s390x) Secondary Arch team proudly
presents the Fedora 15 for IBM System z 64bit official release!

And without further ado, here the links to the actual release:

http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/15/Fedora/s390x/

http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/15/Everything/s390x/os/

and obviously on all mirrors that mirror the secondary arch content.

The first directory contains the normal installation trees as well as
one DVD ISO with the complete release.

Everything as usual contains, well, everything.

For Fedora 14 we have collected a couple of example config files,
kickstart examples and a nice README here:

http://secondary.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/spins/S390/

beware that currently the content there is outdated, but most of the
information should be still valid. We're working on fixing that over the
next weeks.

Additional information about know issues, the current progress and state
for future release, where and how the team can be reached and just
anything else IBM System z on Fedora related can be found here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/s390x/15
for architecture specific release notes

and

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/s390x

Thanks go out to everyone involved in making this happen!

Your Fedora/s390x Maintainers

--
Dan Horák, RHCE
Senior Software Engineer, BaseOS

Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 99, 612 45 Brno